Thread: Shiras moose pic

Smile Shiras moose pic

Wanted to share a couple pics from my once in a lifetime permit hunt for moose in NE Washington in late Nov. Hunted 12 days, passed up several smaller bulls, and shot this guy on the last day. Wanted a mature bull, and I am happy with him. Someday I will have to go get me a real moose up North

Merry Christmas and good hunting!

Bryan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by FALCON View Post
    Wanted to share a couple pics from my once in a lifetime permit hunt for moose in NE Washington in late Nov. Hunted 12 days, passed up several smaller bulls, and shot this guy on the last day. Wanted a mature bull, and I am happy with him. Someday I will have to go get me a real moose up North

Merry Christmas and good hunting!

Bryan
    Congratulations. Any guess on his weight? Or how many pounds of meat you got off him? An Alaskan Yukon Moose can get up to 1600 lbs. and 500 lbs. of meat. I've heard the Shiras moose are smaller bodied. Just wondering how it compares.

Congrats on getting that tag. I've spent a lot time in that area of WA. My regular hunting partners canceled their trip near Ione due to all fires there. Did you see any of the burn? Was it bad?

Sound like moose roast for Christmas dinner. Or maybe blue cheese stuffed tenderlion. The memories of hunting hard and being successful on the last day are worth more than shooting a bigger moose on day one. Congratulations.

Very nice Moose........ Looks just as real as the northern moose😄

I am guessing he was a 1000 lbs on the hoof. I gave my partner a front shoulder which probably weighed over a 100 lbs. The hanginging weight on the meat was 425.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainshadow View Post
    Congrats on getting that tag. I've spent a lot time in that area of WA. My regular hunting partners canceled their trip near Ione due to all fires there. Did you see any of the burn? Was it bad?
    GMU 108 was pretty much untouched by the fires. I was really lucky because the adjecent areas to the South and West were really messed up.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by AK Wonderer View Post
    Sound like moose roast for Christmas dinner. Or maybe blue cheese stuffed tenderlion. The memories of hunting hard and being successful on the last day are worth more than shooting a bigger moose on day one. Congratulations.
    I passed on this guy and his brother at 70 yards
    Uphill. Glad I did.

Congratulations sir.

I can't tell you how many "real" Alaskan moose I've taken that were way smaller than yours. That is a nice bull, no matter where you are. And it looks like you had a great crew with you to share the moment... and the hauling.
    ARR

Newest edition to my den. Good thing he is a Shiras moose. No way a decent Alaskan moose would fit anywhere in my den😁

Quote Originally Posted by FALCON View Post
    Newest edition to my den. Good thing he is a Shiras moose. No way a decent Alaskan moose would fit anywhere in my den
    looks great! How wide is it?

Quote Originally Posted by willphish4food View Post
    looks great! How wide is it?
    Thanks! 46.5 inches