Thread: Homer Winter King Charter Options?

Default Homer Winter King Charter Options?

Am wondering if anyone has solid suggestions for charter captain that is still operating for winter kings out of homer?? My lady and I will be down there around New Years and we're looking for things to do... Also, suggestions for things to do in homer in winter as it appears most businesses there are seasonal and done for the year...

Check out the Back N Black thread on this page.....
    Life's to short for an ugly boat

Blaze N Abel Charters
    Kodiak, AK
    www.alaska-fish.com
    https://www.facebook.com/BlazeNAbelCharters/?fref=ts

Brooks AK adventures is always posting pictures.

I've been out with Josh Brooks on the Huntress a couple times and have had a great time. I can't imagine a captain working harder for fish than Josh does.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    I've been out with Josh Brooks on the Huntress a couple times and have had a great time. I can't imagine a captain working harder for fish than Josh does.
    Only been on board one time but I second that opinion. Check +1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recommend Josh to anyone who asks. Book asap because he's busy!

Charterboat Operator

Quote Originally Posted by BigFish_LittlePond View Post
    Am wondering if anyone has solid suggestions for charter captain that is still operating for winter kings out of homer?? My lady and I will be down there around New Years and we're looking for things to do... Also, suggestions for things to do in homer in winter as it appears most businesses there are seasonal and done for the year...
    There are 5 or 6 very hard working very talented Winter Charter operaters out of Homer so you are in luck! Most have websites/face book pages so can view vessels and obtain contact info ect.. And just like pulling into any port looking for a fishing trip, check trip advisors and your local chambers for reviews 😉 good luck and happy holidays

I've had good luck with Daniels down there for kings

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

+1 for Josh Brooks f/v Huntress

All the above! Other stuff to do? Take a water taxi (us) over to the Grewingk Glacier trail and ice skate the lake; reports are smooth as glass ice up there; easy, quick hike too right now with little to no snow. Also a jaunt to Seldovia is fun, only 2 places open there right now (bars/restaurants) but beautiful & can get a Linwood hoodie!
    Homer proper? Yep most tourist places on the Spit closed but of course the Salty Dawg and the local winter crowd (us), good places to eat; best place in town Cafe Cups on Pioneer; closed Sun/Mon, followed closely by AJ's, the Alibi (a younger crowd bar but great food especially Sunday mornings right now for football season; Huevos Rancheros, halibut tacos & burritos). Two Sisters bakery near Bishops Beach, Homer Brewery on Beluga Lake.
    Quick day hike Diamond Creek, think the road & trail is still open, beware of high tide tho if goin far down the beach.
    Think that's kinda it!!!!
    Check out Quickwater Adventure water taxi/transport services: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quick...37553606260978