Thread: Lynx Lake Access

Default Lynx Lake Access

Can I get to Lynx Lake in the winter with an ATV or is it by snowmachine only?

By law access is by snow machine only. Lynx Lake is in Nancy Lake Rec area. I have seen four wheelers out there but you risk getting a fine if caught.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't fished Lynx lake in years. Fishing was never very good in that lake, winter or summer.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Pre Pike days it was good fishing, 25 years ago, or so, it was good pike fishing, now it is all but dead. Char Lake next door was also very good for large rainbows, but it is a tale of the past too.

Quote Originally Posted by pike_palace View Post
    Haven't fished Lynx lake in years. Fishing was never very good in that lake, winter or summer.
    Really? I've fished there twice and both times we slammed the pike. Granted all the pike were concentrated in one little spot, but we didn't have any problems catching them.

There was a time when the creek had really hot fishing, but the last few times I was there it wasn't very good. But it gets fished a ton and the lake itself, nor any of the connecting waterways were very good.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson5 View Post
    By law access is by snow machine only. Lynx Lake is in Nancy Lake Rec area. I have seen four wheelers out there but you risk getting a fine if caught.

Regulations regarding ATV's are different if you have an inholding in the park or are visiting an inholding. I believe that an ATV is considered a "snow vehicle" subject to the same registration and snow depth restrictions as a snowmachine, so is legal to ride if the trails are in a condition to allow it.

Thanks for all the advice. I ended taking the snowmachine. The fishing was a waste of time. I moved all over the lake and checked under the ice with my camera. most of the lake has a rocky bottom and not very many fish at all. I set some tip ups but the fish didn't want any part of it.

I've done real good fishing there in the summer but both times ice fishing I only caught one pike. Caught it down by where Lynx creek runs out of the lake towards redshirt lake.

Quote Originally Posted by willphish4food View Post
    Regulations regarding ATV's are different if you have an inholding in the park or are visiting an inholding. I believe that an ATV is considered a "snow vehicle" subject to the same registration and snow depth restrictions as a snowmachine, so is legal to ride if the trails are in a condition to allow it.
    I'd like to see these regulations, but inholders are treated the same as everyone else in regards to access to the Rec Area.

most PARKS have 2 sets of reg's the people that have property there an thoes that don't, from the National to the State, look around it is called ""inholdings"" I think , could be wrong , SID

I don't go there anymore, so here is a spot we used to get a few at. There is a small stream that seems to feed in from Char Lake ( I think) may be a spring in there too. The weed beds far to the left are okay in the summer, as is the creeks coming in. We caught a few pike in the first spot I mentioned when all others were a flop, we were about 30-40 feet from shore.
    I am getting a little older, but I still don't think it is a fantasy I created from horrible fishing I have not been there in more than 15 years, so I am sure conditions have changed somewhat.
    At any rate, may be a decent spot to poke a hole in the ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    most PARKS have 2 sets of reg's the people that have property there an thoes that don't, from the National to the State, look around it is called ""inholdings"" I think , could be wrong , SID
    That USED to be the case, but a recent lawsuit that went all the way to the state supreme court now has all users following the same rules. It is actually a good thing, IMHO, because now the rules apply to everyone and access rules are the same. FYI snowmobile definitions for park access is a machine propelled by one or more tracks and steered by one or two skis. Tracked ATV are a no go. I learned this a while back

is that just State or the Feds also ???

State for sure...I can't speak of the fed land. I was informed that the definition is for State Park and management areas, basically if it has rules then those rules are enforced with this definition, general state land is still the wild west as in very few rules.

It's a catch 22. Nobody wants more regs and rules, but people complain the most when "something needs to be done" because of X,Y,Z. So personally I don't complain about regulations because those areas appear to be more protected from ourselves while the "lawless" land has rutted muddy torn up tundra and people turning every other basketball size boulder into a bullet stop.

I agree with you but I think every one play by the same rules not have different one's apply to where you live or have land that you own or a pal owns it an you are going there to see him now, like some of the fishing regs, we live with, like dipping netting in the on the RR for red salmon