Thread: Ice auger help

Default Ice auger help

I put new blades on my 10" strike master auger this year. The engine runs great no issues or loss of power at all but the dang thing won't cut worth a crap. I have to nearly lean on top with all I got and force it back and forth to get anywhere. The blades are sharp and new so what gives? I sharpened the center punch as well. Is there anything that I'm missing or has anyone had the same happen? Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check to make sure that yur blade r not installed upsidedown. I did that once on mine. Flipped em over and it cuts like butta...
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Pretty much what Bob said. If you're powerhead is working fine then it's in the blades. Is the center punch cutting, so that blades are hitting the ice? If so then try turning the blades around.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC8jAnd9nTE says give them a call if it's not cutting after replacing blades

Watched the video. My blades are on as it shows, beveled edge upwards as it drills. I'll have to give them a call see what they say.

I have bent the bit which changed the angle of which the auger drilled causing it to not work. Could be caused from slamming the auger down on the ice or hitting something when drilling.
    NRA life Member JVJ

I ended up getting a brand new auger for my birthday anyway! Got a new Eskimo shark 10". Anybody interested in my used strike master? Have a new set of blades go with it.

I might be interested could you send me a pm with the details

Benjaminh907, you don't have enough post to receive PM's.

It's a 10 inch drill. I can send you some pictures tomorrow. It runs great just don't cut that good in my opinion. I have new blades still in package to go with it. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll get you an answer.