Thread: 20.5 x 8.0 trailer tires

Default 20.5 x 8.0 trailer tires

Need to get a new trailer tire for the sno-go trailer. They are 20.5 x 8 E rating. Do I need to get the whole tire and rim or does anyone in Anchorage swap them over? Where's the best place to get them in town either way?

I think I would check with 6Roblees first.
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

X2 for 6 Robblees

6 Roblees OR TrailerCraft has them and yes you can have them put on the rims if you want to buy the tire without the rim. They aren't bad to switch over on your own with a pair of irons either.
    Something I smartened up to long ago with them is if you don't keep the recommended 90psi in them they heat up and get destroyed quite regularly.

In most cases it is almost as cheap to get the tire/wheel assembly. A lot of times, people do not know that the tires has gone flat/low and damaged the wheel anyway.

Many times if I have ruined a tire I also loose a valve stem and I make sure to replace it with a hi-pressure stem. The rims ARE easily ruined but if I plan on reusing them I make sure the lip for the beads of the tire are in good shape and clean. Actually I clean them up in the bead blaster and paint them first......I have 3 spares now for my tandem as I used to blow at least one every moose hunt but have been in good shape for a couple years now, like I mentioned for me air pressure has been key.

Thanks - I have an old set of irons and could do it myself with probably a little bit of cursing. These are old tires - 1996. It went flat sitting in the yard - it will hold 40psi - but not 90. $138 for a tire with rim. I'll check 6roblees (tried saturday but they closed at 1pm) and trailercraft.

Bought the tire itself at trailer craft for 75$ Alaska tire mounted it for 17.50.

Good on you...nothing wrong for saving a little $$$ when you can. I go the same route not buying with the rims.