Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not such a bad day

Smile Not such a bad day

Caught and released grayling all day long.

Beautiful, thats living!

Thats outta P.A. on the way to lake Kontrashibuna, right? Its pretty hard to not recognize those falls! We fished there a few years ago and like you said....all day long!! Awesome place, its truly "Gods country"

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    Thats outta P.A. on the way to lake Kontrashibuna, right? Its pretty hard to not recognize those falls! We fished there a few years ago and like you said....all day long!! Awesome place, its truly "Gods country"
    Right you are! Man, I love that place. The fishing is even better down at the mouth where it pours into the lake, but you sure can't beat the setting there at the base of the falls.

Must of been a tough hike in flip flops.

Let me tell ya, I'd rather catch a 3 pound grayling than a 50 pound king any day. There's something to be said about these lil arctic buggers.

My wife would cut off my man hood if she caught me posting a pic of her online. Not literally but figuratively.

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin View Post
    Must of been a tough hike in flip flops.
    Yeah, not exactly the ideal footware. I hiked in shoes, but had to switch over so that I could enjoy the water. After my feet went numb, it was pretty nice. I've got some strap-on Tevas that are much better for fishing, but couldn't find them. The flip flops did pretty well, surprisingly.

As for the wife, I think she likes it when I include pictures of her in my posts.

Default Im so jealous

My wife and I just love to catch and release those pretty grayling. I dont know what it is but that fish has a special place in our heart. maybe it is because on our first camping trip we caught them together. Or the day we got married on Denali highway I was catching them that morning. Or the day after i got married etc etc. We just love the beauty of the fish and the magical colors on the fins and how precious but hardy they are. Nice fish Brian and great pics. I have no idea where that was but if i ever find out i will hike in and catch them. Dont worry they will be released with soft tender hands. Heck my wife even said. You handle them softer than you ever have me or the kids. her favorite line she uses on me from when we first met is me saying "hurry up and take the dang picture i dont want to hurt this fish" Great job and thanks for sharing
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default Nice.

Brian: Now thatís living the dream. Very nice pics.

beauty of a place, but whos the dork with the fish trying to grow the facial hair? looked like and REI'er to me!!
    good looking fish brian, sucks that you had to go have fun on a nice day, feel free to PM me with the name and location, approx travel times, distances, parking, logistics of how to get to that excat place so we fisherman can keep those REI hippies outa there!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Default Why does this have to be about clothes instead of fish?

So people have to wear camo Cabelas outfits to enjoy fishing in Alaska? What's up with judging people based on what they are wearing? That's just like the "yuppies" you rant about. Who cares what someone wears, we're all just out to enjoy fishing and the outdoors.

Cool I think it was meant to be a joke

It was meant as a joke I'm pretty sure. Chill out and go fishing man it's summer

Agreed. I do want to chill and fish, hopefully without having to worry about some guy chasing me off the river with a Glock because I happen to be wearing Polarfleece

Default falls

I was showing a friend of mine your fishing trip pics and he said it was tanalian fall 1 mile hike out of a float plane. Very Cool.

jim jim jim, ease up a mite, just riding on brian a bit for his great day of fishing! coincidentaly i'll be on the river next week, no glock but i'll have my colt, i'll be the guy yelling at people wearing walmart wind breaker jackets and sunglasses that fit over their regular specs...
    i'm outa here soons i find my clip ons.....
    Master guide 212

Talking hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin View Post
    Let me tell ya, I'd rather catch a 3 pound grayling than a 50 pound king any day.
    hmm don't know about that one. let's not get crazy just yet.

Default WOW!!

Pure Jealousy prevents me from saying too much Brian, but I'll swallow my pride and thank you for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    beauty of a place, but whos the dork with the fish trying to grow the facial hair? looked like and REI'er to me!!
    good looking fish brian, sucks that you had to go have fun on a nice day, feel free to PM me with the name and location, approx travel times, distances, parking, logistics of how to get to that excat place so we fisherman can keep those REI hippies outa there!
    Ooooh....ouch. Yes, I'm aware that I still can't grow as much facial hair as most 14 year olds, but hey, a man is allowed to be lazy with the shaving now and then. As for the REI comment, I'll have you know that everything in that outfit was bought at Costco! On rainy days I am all about the high end gear, but when it's pushing 80 degrees, well...

As others have figured out, it is Tanalian Falls, which is about a 2.5 mile walk from the airstrip in Port Alsworth. Who knows? I might need some company next time around.

Default Thanks

Thanks again for sharing the info and the pics. Amazing just totally amazing, That is one of those once a year days. Great job
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

brian no worries man looks like a great day out with the wife, i love port alwsorth, neat little place,i worked at the bible camp there one year with the kids, was alot of fun.
    don't tell anyone but i do a little shopping at REI....gotta get that off my chest here...
    Master guide 212

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast