Thread: Flying into Military Airspace

Default Flying into Military Airspace

I need to get an airplane over to an Elmendorf airstrip which requires flying into military airspace. Who do I need to contact or how do I setup this flight?

Thanks,
    Jason

My mechanic has said that he flys over the run way and I believe he said he has landed at almendorf, you just have to radio the tower and get clearance. He did it just for fun so if you have a valid reason it should not be a big deal. The ground gates are so secure because they are keeping out the rabble but if you own a plane and conduct yourself professionally on the radio you separate yourself from the rabble on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by knie0012 View Post
    I need to get an airplane over to an Elmendorf airstrip which requires flying into military airspace. Who do I need to contact or how do I setup this flight?

Thanks,
    Jason

Call 552-3000 to talk to command post
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I Don't post much here much but I can probably help you. Flying in to Elmendorf is easy (technically speaking its just class D airspace) but you cant get clearance to depart unless you file a flight plan with Base Ops. You should contact the Aero Club on Base (907) 753-4167 they can definitely help you. http://www.jberaeroclub.com/ that's probably where you'll taxi to anyway for parking if you're flying into the Elmendorf side. If you're flying into Bryant AAF I have no Idea. Also you might have to get a pass from one of the main gates and fax it in with your flight plan before flying in but that's a thought. I fly out of Elmendorf regularly. Call the Aeroclub first before going right to the source so you're set up correctly. Message me if you have any questions.

Thank you Akheloce and airborne3406!