Folks...seeking knowledgeable input (even un-knowledgeable input is welcome ) on a potential sno-go purchase
Work schedule is likely to change soon so that next winter, I'll be in AK enough to justify a sno-go. Uses will likely be
- Primary: Transport to/from cabin on wintered-over ATV trail....this is likely to include some degree of hauling
- Near-Primary: Winter hunting primarily for small game; infrequent trips for predator hunting;
- Way low priority: Riding for sport / Mountain use
- It must be two-up; either designed that way or after-market two-up seat;
- Rip-snorting power is not needed for the intended uses (my high-marking days are long gone)...but by the time my big-azz is on the sled and either a 2nd passenger or a sled behind, some ponies will be needed;
- Good mileage (recognizing it's all relative) would be preferred;
- While recognizing the security of pull-start / two stroke, that's not a priority;
- Primary use will be in SC...where winter is apparently a variable commodity now-a-days
- I don't mind manhandling a big machine while driving.......will prolly rely on shovels/come-alongs for getting unstuck rather than manhandling.
Any insights would be greatly appreciated since I haven't purchased a sno-go since the late '90's and simply don't know what new features actually live up to the marketing hype.