Thread: got a few sets out by my place

Default got a few sets out by my place

Took my 10 year old daughter out today to set a few snares and traps out around our property. She has been bugging me to take her out and now I feel she is ready to learn. She said the first animal gets will be her "trophy" for her wall then after that one she plans to sell (or try to sell) the fur's she gets off her set to help fund buying more traps and snares for next year. I really cant complain as she is showing interest and allows us both to enjoy time together outdoors.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Quote Originally Posted by ProHunterAK View Post
    Took my 10 year old daughter out today to set a few snares and traps out around our property. She has been bugging me to take her out and now I feel she is ready to learn. She said the first animal gets will be her "trophy" for her wall then after that one she plans to sell (or try to sell) the fur's she gets off her set to help fund buying more traps and snares for next year. I really cant complain as she is showing interest and allows us both to enjoy time together outdoors.
    Was out driving around in your area the other day with the family looking for a Christmas tree to cut down. Saw lots of fresh coyote and fox tracks. Good luck and good job getting your daughter interested. My 10 year old son is also showing interest. I plan on setting some traps this year as well. I tried to get out a couple weeks ago with my snow machine but the overflow was too bad in the area I was planning on trapping. I am hoping to get out next weekend.

yah we had a neighbor loose a flock of chickens and a few turkeys about 2-3 weeks ago due to some yotes. Luckily we haven't had that problem yet at our place with our chickens however sooner or later something will try to go for an easy meal. We have been seeing quite a bit of fox tracks and have had some lynx in the yard this winter.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Nothing like baiting with what they are used to eating. Can't think of anything better to use near a chicken coop than chicken.
    ARR