Thread: 1996 indy lite gt rear susp swap

Default 1996 indy lite gt rear susp swap

Anyone swap out the standard 133 skid for an extra 10 Polaris 136 skid? Did you have to move the rear brackets back for the new skid?
    Is the tunnel extension long enough for the 136 track?
    I may stay with a 1 inch track to make it a bit easier to fit in.

You can just redrill for the new rear brackets. I put a 1361.25 on mine by just running the idlers all the way out. It ratchets when conditions are right, but not often

I was hoping that would work, did you drop one hole down in the front brackets. I long tracked a 500 indy to a 136 from 133 years ago and I remember moving down to allow more room upfront for the taller track.

You may have to relocate the rear mounting holes. I did this swap a few years ago, and the suspension was partially collapsed when I bolted it up. The measurement from the front bolts to the rear may not be the same. If you measure both when they are out of the machine you will know what the difference is and can relocate the holes accordingly. You can't just simply relocate to the measurement of the relaxed suspension as it needs some preload when you install it.
    If you have the machine the xtra 10 came out of, use the measurement from it.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Thanks for the information, I found some more info on measurements. looks like you can mount the rear above the running board or below, There are old manuals on vintage sleds site.
    http://www.jbshocks.com/edgeswap/swap.html
    The extra 10 has fox shox on it so I dropped them off to get rebuilt today, rather only put this back together one time, I got the suspension used so I didn't know the last time they were rebuilt. Need to find a 1 or 1 1/4 136 track now.

I have a 1x15x136 track in great shape I will give you if you pay for shipping from Lava Hot Springs, idaho 83246 I have no idea what that will cost. I put a 1 1/4 x 15 x136 under my gt, had to unbolt my chaincase to drop down to get it on the drivers, but it clears the tunnel alright after the install
    Quote Originally Posted by sport drifter View Post
    Thanks for the information, I found some more info on measurements. looks like you can mount the rear above the running board or below, There are old manuals on vintage sleds site.
    http://www.jbshocks.com/edgeswap/swap.html
    The extra 10 has fox shox on it so I dropped them off to get rebuilt today, rather only put this back together one time, I got the suspension used so I didn't know the last time they were rebuilt. Need to find a 1 or 1 1/4 136 track now.

I left the front alone. Plenty of room for a 1.25 track. I don't think a 1.5 will fit, but I wasn't going any bigger with the little 340 anyways.