Thread: Cheapest place in Homer to store a boat?

Default Cheapest place in Homer to store a boat?

I've done a few searches but I'm having a hard time forking over $70 a month for a small piece of open gravel.

Boating is expensive, all parts of it. Heck, that's only .07 of a boat dollar

There was a forum member that offered me some options a bit ago so you may get some responses.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

$70/mo is cheap! Plus are you only storing it there for 3-4 months?

For perspective, $70/mo compared to free in your driveway isn't a fair comparison. If you don't live in Homer you could guzzle that much in fuel trailering your boat to Homer. Or $70/mo is cheap if the alternative is to buy a newer bigger home with covered boat storage on it.

Sobie2

northern ent was only 50.00 mo last yr 28' boat on trailer I thought it was a great deal

70.00 is pretty cheap lot rent I am out 150.00 per for a 39' in dry doc and the slip rate is about the same per month. If you think 70.00 is high you may want to rethink the boating part of life. It is expensive to have a boat, it cost you regardless if it is in the water or not. But they sure are fun.

Sweepint
    Wasilla, (when not overseas)
    '' Livn' The Dream ''
    26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam

Quote Originally Posted by akfunhog View Post
    I've done a few searches but I'm having a hard time forking over $70 a month for a small piece of open gravel.
    http://kenai.craigslist.org/biz/5330874204.html There was another in Homer for $30/month but I don't see it on CL now and can't find the thread where I posted the particulars.

I pay $95 a month year round in Eagle River, $70 is a deal.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Kachemak boat yard next to the Bayclub.. I keep my boat trailer there and RV. It's gonna be more than 70 I think but super close to the harbor and there's an auto repair shop and guys always around the yard and boat shop. I wouldn't go down the road, there's been some fires and the yard road in there is horribly rutted.
    Location, safekeeping of your rig and possible access to a heated shop far outweigh a cheap storage price.
    PM MGH55 on here for more details and stuff.
    Check out Quickwater Adventure water taxi/transport services: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quick...37553606260978

My parents owned a charter business my whole life and I ran a 6-pack for 6 years so I am well aware of the cost of a boat, but thanks for all the financial advice haha.

It turns out the cheapest place is Bay Welding at about $34 a month, but you can only have the boat there for 8 out of 12 months. There was a 12 month option but they are almost out of room though.

I used keep mine at George's Storage 96 for coved. Safe someone is there all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..