Thread: Washdown kit without thru-hull

Default Washdown kit without thru-hull

My boat currently doesn't have an existing thru-hull so nothing to T a pump into for a washdown system. Any boats out there with a functional washdown system not using a thruhull for water supply? I'm after some ideas...thanks in advance.

I think bigjim on the forum has done this. He is in homer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oops Big Jim

Quote Originally Posted by timinhomer View Post
    My boat currently doesn't have an existing thru-hull so nothing to T a pump into for a washdown system. Any boats out there with a functional washdown system not using a thruhull for water supply? I'm after some ideas...thanks in advance.
    I installed pipe below the water line that will be open on both ends. This will allow me to run cables through the hull (transducer and trim tabs) with no seals to leak or worry about failing. Plus I can stick my wash down water hose intake into any one of these pipes to get sea water. No "Ts" necessary and makes for a clean looking installation.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I just ran a piece of pipe down the stern of the boat, (welded two standoffs) below water level, then attached a hose to the top of the pipe, works great, I hate holes in the hull below water line.

Predator Control & Gerberman this is helpful thanks...and for the pic. Gives me an approach. The pump and hose would lay nicely and out of sight next to the batteries right on top of the hole in the stern compartment.

Look at my previous post & pics on this. Much simpler, minimum fabrication, no welding, etc.
    mount a brass pickup on a bracket just like a transducer. Tim, when you're on my boat looking at the deck look at the washdown pump install. Lean over the transom and you'll see how I routed the hose, how the washdown nozzle and hose lay in the gunnel tray, fittings and push/pull switch. All much more convenient than the factory setup and completely out of the way. Also don't go with a ***** pump, go big time gph/pressure & volume.
    Better yet call me and you can see it all in action.
    Check out Quickwater Adventure water taxi/transport services: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quick...37553606260978

Big Jim I'm in the harbor tomorrow to clean up after today's trip I'll take a look. Thank you. Can you message me your number for details?
    Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim View Post
    Look at my previous post & pics on this. Much simpler, minimum fabrication, no welding, etc.
    mount a brass pickup on a bracket just like a transducer. Tim, when you're on my boat looking at the deck look at the washdown pump install. Lean over the transom and you'll see how I routed the hose, how the washdown nozzle and hose lay in the gunnel tray, fittings and push/pull switch. All much more convenient than the factory setup and completely out of the way. Also don't go with a ***** pump, go big time gph/pressure & volume.
    Better yet call me and you can see it all in action.

Hi Tim. Gonna pull boat on Thursday or Friday so that would be a great time to see the pump layout & pickup. It's so simple borderlines on genius. It was the result of a couple of guys sittin round having a brew! 907-570-8102
    Check out Quickwater Adventure water taxi/transport services: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quick...37553606260978

So here's the final product; washdown pump install, no holes thru the hull, deck, etc. This one was a little more difficult than mine as the boat is not an extended transom model and had to work thru factory inner panels in the boat in which there was no access. Came out well tho, anyone interested in doin this give a holler!!! The factory location for the washdown switch & hose outlet sucks imo, all this stuff should be out of the way and the switch not directly assaulted by water & salt spray. The hose lays great in the gunnel tray.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nicely done Jim!
    Raider boats run a hard line with a stand off on the transom also which allows it to suck water while on step, which is pretty handy.
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Airboats, ocean boats, and river boats serviced.
    https://www.facebook.com/BKMarineServices?fref=ts

Big Jim came through big time with this install. The exact idea I was looking for but hadn't yet conceptualized. It'll be a handy new facet of my boat. Quality job and done very quickly. Recommend him for anyone thinking about this kind of wash down set up.