Thread: Fishing areas off the Big Su.

Default Fishing areas off the Big Su.

Hi there,
    I am new to the forum and this is pretty much my first post. I am looking for different fishing areas and new places to fish off the Big Su other then the Deshka river. I had a pretty good season this year with kings, silvers and pike we caught. It would be hard to pass up again. Its the only river I know and have navigated. Im not looking for anyones particular spot just some information. I am interested in fishing around the Yentna and fishing down past the Yentna. I had a 17'9" Wooldridge Alaskan with a 135 Evinrude. I sold that and I have a new 20'10" Wooldridge Alaskan XL with a 200sj on order for next season that I got from Burkeshore.
    Thanks.
    Colin

Congrats on your new ride, look forward to seeing the build pics if you post 'em.

The knik has a few spots to catch silvers and reds if you do some exploring and get away from the crowds.
    Many tribs dump into the yetna offering almost anything Ak has to offer.
    Alexander had salmon and pike, I think the salmon are returning but check regs to verify its open season on what species.
    Up towards Talkeetna there are are a couple creeks that would be fun to run your boat up to as well.
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Airboats, ocean boats, and river boats serviced.
    https://www.facebook.com/BKMarineServices?fref=ts

I will post pictures once I get them. I would assume you would look for the clear flowing waters that dump into the Yentna. Just like any another river system.

Correct, clear water tribs entering the bigger rivers. None of these places are secrets, just places to boat and fish besides the Deshka.
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Airboats, ocean boats, and river boats serviced.
    https://www.facebook.com/BKMarineServices?fref=ts

Colin

Your boat will be cut and starting production very soon. And I will surely be sending your pictures to share as you wish.. BK is a Big Wooldridge fan and owner and if you PM him he can give you lots of advice...

Merry Christmas and Happy Boating

Tom

BSM

Quote Originally Posted by CRQAK View Post
    I will post pictures once I get them. I would assume you would look for the clear flowing waters that dump into the Yentna. Just like any another river system.

I've got the same boat and did lots of Yentna fishing. Love the boat and access it afords. I routinely run up above skwenta. Pm me if you want.

for Char & rainbow all clear water will produce, if it is salmon it is timing, get a map an a good GPS you will find them , rainbow/ char travel in the silty water but don't hang out there, they like fairly clear water to live in good fishing with your new boat enjoy SID