Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Hand Gun stuff....

  1. #1

    Thumbs up Hand Gun stuff....

    I have a bit of holster hoarding problem and I am always on the look out for good gear. For many years I have used Kramer horse Hide holsters and they are a very good holster. I have never been a kydex fan, but times have changed.

    I have some U.S. Grunt Gear kydex holsters and magazine carriers for some of my Glock pistols and I now realize not all kydex holsters are created equal. The owner served in the Marines and makes great stuff for Special Op's teams or private citizens. If you are thinking about a new tactical/combat holster and gear there are plenty of U Tube examples to look at. I really like his High Speed Pistol Rig. It is complete with every thing one would need for a "go to" set up and he offers plenty of concealed carry options.

    I don't know him or have an interest other then passing on info on some good gear. Try it, you will like it.

    No, none of my wonderful Kramer holsters are for sale. I am a holster hoarder.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.
    Posts
    8,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by .338 mag. View Post
    I have a bit of holster hoarding problem and I am always on the look out for good gear. For many years I have used Kramer horse Hide holsters and they are a very good holster. I have never been a kydex fan, but times have changed.

    I have some U.S. Grunt Gear kydex holsters and magazine carriers for some of my Glock pistols and I now realize not all kydex holsters are created equal. The owner served in the Marines and makes great stuff for Special Op's teams or private citizens. If you are thinking about a new tactical/combat holster and gear there are plenty of U Tube examples to look at. I really like his High Speed Pistol Rig. It is complete with every thing one would need for a "go to" set up and he offers plenty of concealed carry options.

    I don't know him or have an interest other then passing on info on some good gear. Try it, you will like it.

    No, none of my wonderful Kramer holsters are for sale. I am a holster hoarder.
    Nuthin Rong with having Multiple holsters.

    I have several holsters for one of my CC guns.

    I kept looking for something that was more concealable or more comfortable, and then for the differences in clothes and dress.

    "US Grunt Gear" "High Speed Pistol Rig", Tactical/Combat" "Special Ops". It all sounds exciting, but why waste it all on a Steenkeeng Glock?? (Just kiddin)

    Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

  3. #3
    Member 2dawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post

    It all sounds exciting, but why waste it all on a Steenkeeng Glock?? (Just kiddin)

    Smitty of the North
    careful Smitty, some would consider them fightin words. 😀

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2dawgs View Post
    careful Smitty, some would consider them fightin words. 😀
    I can remember the first Glock I handled and dry fired. It sounded like a gish dern dart gun! I took it apart and laughed at it. Little hunks of metal protruding out of the plastic. I though man these won't last. Then I got a 9mm Glock in a horse trade along with a thousand rounds of ammo. I shot up the thousand rounds without a hick-up and then bought more. That was a long time ago! There is not a handgun of any kind that I trust more than a steenking Glock and only one is it's equal and I have two of them would be the FN-40(the one without a safety.) I wont argue against a good 1911 either. I don't think they are better....I just won't argue against them.

    I would like to know the royalties paid to Glock for using their product in every cop/bad guy show the last 20 years. If it's a cop/bad guy show and there is not a Glock involved then it probably isn't worth watching.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.
    Posts
    8,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2dawgs View Post
    careful Smitty, some would consider them fightin words. 😀
    Isn't it more dangerous to low rate a 1911?

    SOTN
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.
    Posts
    8,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    I can remember the first Glock I handled and dry fired. It sounded like a gish dern dart gun! I took it apart and laughed at it. Little hunks of metal protruding out of the plastic. I though man these won't last. Then I got a 9mm Glock in a horse trade along with a thousand rounds of ammo. I shot up the thousand rounds without a hick-up and then bought more. That was a long time ago! There is not a handgun of any kind that I trust more than a steenking Glock and only one is it's equal and I have two of them would be the FN-40(the one without a safety.) I wont argue against a good 1911 either. I don't think they are better....I just won't argue against them.

    I would like to know the royalties paid to Glock for using their product in every cop/bad guy show the last 20 years. If it's a cop/bad guy show and there is not a Glock involved then it probably isn't worth watching.
    Hey, reliability isn't everything.

    You gotta consider LOOKS, and they're Butt Ugly.

    SOTN
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

  7. #7
    Member 2dawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    I can remember the first Glock I handled and dry fired. It sounded like a gish dern dart gun! I took it apart and laughed at it. Little hunks of metal protruding out of the plastic. I though man these won't last. Then I got a 9mm Glock in a horse trade along with a thousand rounds of ammo. I shot up the thousand rounds without a hick-up and then bought more. That was a long time ago! There is not a handgun of any kind that I trust more than a steenking Glock and only one is it's equal and I have two of them would be the FN-40(the one without a safety.) I wont argue against a good 1911 either. I don't think they are better....I just won't argue against them.

    I would like to know the royalties paid to Glock for using their product in every cop/bad guy show the last 20 years. If it's a cop/bad guy show and there is not a Glock involved then it probably isn't worth watching.
    im like you, I laughed when I heard about em. And laughed harder when I saw one. Then I shot one..... While I didn't like the grip ( 1st gen) I was thoroughly impressed. I settled on the plastic XD and never looked back, have 2 of em now and never had a problem with them, bang bang bang every time I squeeze de trigger. I ran about 3000 rounds of anything I could get my hands on to try to make the first one puke, never happened and I finally felt bad and cleaned it. I know the glocks are just as reliable I just couldn't get on the band wagon.

  8. #8
    Member 2dawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    Hey, reliability isn't everything.

    You gotta consider LOOKS, and they're Butt Ugly.

    SOTN
    looks are in the eyes of the beer holder, I like em. They are beautiful like an M1 Abrams....or an AMC gremlin. 😃

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.
    Posts
    8,802

    Default

    Yeah, those Glocks will work even when they're broke.

    The Abrams Tank is much more powerful than the Glock, but the Glock is more concealable.

    I just watched 4 videos about that tank. Watta Machine.

    I think I'd go with an Auto handgun that had a hammer, and DA the first shot.

    Honestly, don't you think that people are attracted to a particular firearm, at the beginning, anyway, because of the Looks? I sure am.

    SOTN
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

  10. #10
    New member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    ....I think I'd go with an Auto handgun that had a hammer, and DA the first shot.....

    SOTN

    and made in USA, commander size, concealable, reliable, accurate, 45 Auto.. hello Ruger P345

    NM IWB Holster







    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

  11. #11
    New member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by .338 mag. View Post
    I have a bit of holster hoarding problem and I am always on the look out for good gear. For many years I have used Kramer horse Hide holsters and they are a very good holster. I have never been a kydex fan, but times have changed.

    I have some U.S. Grunt Gear kydex holsters and magazine carriers for some of my Glock pistols and I now realize not all kydex holsters are created equal. The owner served in the Marines and makes great stuff for Special Op's teams or private citizens. If you are thinking about a new tactical/combat holster and gear there are plenty of U Tube examples to look at. I really like his High Speed Pistol Rig. It is complete with every thing one would need for a "go to" set up and he offers plenty of concealed carry options.

    I don't know him or have an interest other then passing on info on some good gear. Try it, you will like it.

    No, none of my wonderful Kramer holsters are for sale. I am a holster hoarder.
    These threads are more fun with pics! Post up a few!

    I just got this rig a few months ago. Thad Rybka Tomahawk crossdraw, oiled rough out, belt, ammo pouch. You can tell he's a craftsman.













    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

  12. #12
    Member 2dawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    Yeah, those Glocks will work even when they're broke.

    The Abrams Tank is much more powerful than the Glock, but the Glock is more concealable.

    I just watched 4 videos about that tank. Watta Machine.

    I think I'd go with an Auto handgun that had a hammer, and DA the first shot.

    Honestly, don't you think that people are attracted to a particular firearm, at the beginning, anyway, because of the Looks? I sure am.

    SOTN
    i agree, to a point. I dont think there is a more attractive hand gun than a 1911. Or maybe a PPK.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    1,121

    Default

    Snyd:
    That revolver and the leather with it look great! Really like the protection from the elements that the holster will provide.

  14. #14
    Member 4merguide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
    Posts
    9,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    and made in USA, commander size, concealable, reliable, accurate, 45 Auto.. hello Ruger P345

    NM IWB Holster





    Perry..... Love the looks of that Ruger and would love to own one. Hey, just wanted to tell you..... on my pc a lot of words are underlined (highlighted) I guess because it's my browsers way of advertising, so I clicked on "Ruger P345" and this came up. Wouldn't know if it's a good deal or not but wanted to put it out there for ya...http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys...affcjfeed&fp=F

    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

  15. #15
    Member 4merguide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
    Posts
    9,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    These threads are more fun with pics! Post up a few!

    I just got this rig a few months ago. Thad Rybka Tomahawk crossdraw, oiled rough out, belt, ammo pouch. You can tell he's a craftsman.












    Did you happen to read this? https://news.google.com/newspapers? nid=1817&dat=19841209&id=AjQdAAAAIBAJ&sjid=m6UEAAA AIBAJ&pg=5756,3856540&hl=en

    How'd you get yours?
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

  16. #16
    New member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Ya I've seen that before. Did you see the date? 1984, says he was 38 then.

    When John Gallagher built my 500L I had him commission the leather from Rybka who is his friend and I think neighbor as well. He's made holsters for John and his customers for years. Gallagher custom handguns and Rybka leather sort of go together.

    Here are some other pics of some of Rybka/Gallaghers stuff. The worn ones are Johns personal rigs. John had the heavy belt and full flap holster made for him when he used to come to Alaska hunting every year. I had him do the Bear Paw iogo instead of the Tomahawk or Johns Makers Mark. He does crossdraw or strongside. I decided to go crossdraw for this one.













    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.
    Posts
    8,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2dawgs View Post
    i agree, to a point. I dont think there is a more attractive hand gun than a 1911. Or maybe a PPK.
    Yeah, the PPKs, the Makarov, are examples of nice looking autos. Not the 1911s though, to my eyes. Most autos and some revolvers look clunky to me..

    It doesn't seem likely to me that the 1911s have endured because of their looks. Maybe, it's the strange things like "Cocked and Locked". Or, just stubbornness of the owners.

    Are you part of the problem?

    SOTN
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.
    Posts
    8,802

    Default

    2dawgs:
    I took a course on handguns at the Mat Valley range. The two instructors, one liked the 1911s and the other one, the Glocks.

    They each had their arguments as to which was best, and it made the class interesting, comparing one with another.

    SOTN
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

  19. #19

    Default

    Well darned if I didn't discover the "Tulster" holster from Oklahoma the other day while cruising You Tube. Gotta get one for the little Glock 43 I picked up. Let me go on record as stating I have never seen a better looking semi auto pistol then a well dressed cocked and locked 1911 and I carried one on a duty belt for years. I also carried a decked out Browning Hi Power and I have never felt a more comfortable grip then the Hi Power has.

    The Glocks are border line ugly, but they are so simple to run and gun with, very reliable and durable and offer good enough combat accuracy.

    I like a good pistol!

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by .338 mag. View Post
    Well darned if I didn't discover the "Tulster" holster from Oklahoma the other day while cruising You Tube. Gotta get one for the little Glock 43 I picked up. Let me go on record as stating I have never seen a better looking semi auto pistol then a well dressed cocked and locked 1911 and I carried one on a duty belt for years. I also carried a decked out Browning Hi Power and I have never felt a more comfortable grip then the Hi Power has.

    The Glocks are border line ugly, but they are so simple to run and gun with, very reliable and durable and offer good enough combat accuracy.

    I like a good pistol!
    Am I the onliest one that appreciates the FNs-40? It's like a purdied up Glock.
    There is a huge oak tree in my timber. This year I have watched dozens of big does and even more of those little cute bambis with long eye lashes walk right under that tree. Late muzzleloader season starts a week from today and handguns are allowed. I want to shoot one with my FNS-40 real bad!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •