Thread: Toyo On Demand Water Heaters

Default Toyo On Demand Water Heaters

I'm looking to see if anyone on here is using a Toyo on demand oil water heater for either hydronic heating or domestic water heating and how they like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone I've known who had one seems to think they're the cat's meow....for the price, they better be.
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

I haven't been able to ever hear much feedback on them. I'm more concerned on fuel consumption and how big a place one unit can heat. I think max fuel usage is up to like a gallon an hour so I'm wondering how they compare to a natural gas unit.

I have an OM180 for domestic water at my place in Fairbanks. I had it installed in 2012 and so far has been trouble free. As far as fuel usage, I am guessing it is less than 1 gallon per day based on my summer readings when the furnace is off. I went with the 180 instead of the 148 as I may switch out the furnace to an air handler when it finally dies. My .02

Thanks for the info, I'm looking to see what people think that use them with in floor heat

We love ours, like dub said, for the price, I'd better like it. Domestic only. For that purpose, it uses little fuel since it rarely runs. For heat, that would be significantly different. It should be far costlier than nat gas, so I wouldn't be considering that as a desirable option unless there are other considerations.