Thread: G5 sights

Default G5 sights

Guys I'm in the market for a new sight. In the past I have use toxonic, but today I got the new BP archery catalog and i saw the G5 sights. Have any of you had the chance to look at this sights?

Thanks
    Lou

Default G5

I really like G5's products so when I was in the market for a new site I didn't hesitate to go with G5. I picked up an Optix LE brought it home and put it on my bow right away. The first thing I noticed is the fiber optics come out the top through a hole and stuck out about 1/4 to 1/2 inch. I was puzzled at this and did not like it. The last thing I wanted was to get some mud, a sharp stick or anything to hit that hole and mess up my fibers. So to my dismay I returned it and exchange it for a Montana BlackGold Flashpoint. The fibers are very well protected and yes they are bright, but dim well with the photochromic protection. Very good sight, I haven't been disappointed. Remember this is JMO. I am sure there are things you can do to cover the hole on the G5 as I think it is there for the LED light that we can't use up here.

Good Luck on finding the right sight!

RCbowhunter, thanks for the input, I saw the fiber uptic set-up and I don't like it either.

thanks