Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat Suggestions Please

Default Boat Suggestions Please

Considering a boat purchase. Would like something in the 25' - 27' range, must have hardtop cabin because I will not freeze when my husband doesn't want to come in. Would like brand new, willing to wait for a build. Let me know what everyone thinks.....

Wow, be prepared for lots of opinions and a thread that gets derailed.

So I have some questions that might help "us" give you some more specific suggestions that you could actually pursue.

1. Fiberglass or aluminum?
    2. What's the most you'd be willing to spend?

Also, do you want something set up for extended live-aboard situations, or will this be primarily for day use?

Quote Originally Posted by oooies View Post
    Considering a boat purchase. Would like something in the 25' - 27' range, must have hardtop cabin because I will not freeze when my husband doesn't want to come in. Would like brand new, willing to wait for a build. Let me know what everyone thinks.....
    Something you might want to consider… usually 24 ft boats only have a porta-potti, usually boats 26ft and larger have private enclosed heads… Although that isn't always a hard and fast rule.

We would prefer aluminum, willing to spend up to $150k, mostly day use, would like an enclosed head.

There is a really nice duckworth that just poped up on craigslist. May be alittle to much but they are really nice along with wooldridge, weldcraft, and northriver. Hewescraft and raider are also a option if you want something on the cheaper side. Just saw a heck of a deal on a 2012 hewes on craigslist or I should say it looked like a good deal.

That Hewes is a great boat for what you are looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawk060 View Post
    That would be a great boat to pick up with low hours.
    BK
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Airboats, ocean boats, and river boats serviced.
    https://www.facebook.com/BKMarineServices?fref=ts

Yup thats the boat I was talking about, sure seems like a good deal to me as you see the same boats for sale for around 120-130.

You should take a look at the 25' seawolf on Craigslist, Stenner builds a good boat, and at 90k think it would be a good boat for the money. There's also an unfinished 27' Glaciercraft that if had for the right price could be a great foundation to finish it how you wanted.

25' Seawolf SC Pilothouse $90000
    http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/5300666918.html

2015 GC 27' Coho $125000
    http://kenai.craigslist.org/bod/5291541923.html

oooies,
    PM'd you on another boat not listed yet.
    232-6399
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Airboats, ocean boats, and river boats serviced.
    https://www.facebook.com/BKMarineServices?fref=ts

If I was going AL, Seawolfe would be the only thing on my list...
    Life's to short for an ugly boat

Blaze N Abel Charters
    Kodiak, AK
    www.alaska-fish.com
    https://www.facebook.com/BlazeNAbelCharters/?fref=ts

I went with a new kingfisher 2825 weekender with several additional options. was able to get it new under 145k. If your interested I can give you the info on it. PM me if interested.

I've been eyeing that Seawolfe too. Looks like a little interior remodel and she'd be a nice ride for many more years

27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

That guy did an extensive web posting on the conversion project on aluminumalloyboats dot com. I wouldn't hesitate to buy that boat, and amazed that it hasn't been sold.

Sobie2

Yeah that Seawolf is da bomb!!!!! Honestly you can't go wrong with a Hewes either but the Seawolf with more horsepower, a better brand motor, heavier construction makes it a winner. Stay away from anything used having Honda 150 or 225 outboards.
    Check out Quickwater Adventure water taxi/transport services: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quick...37553606260978

You mentioned aluminum. You mentioned $150K price tag and you would like new and would be willing to wait for a build. Bay Welding in Homer could probably get you into a brand new 25' x 8.5, cuddy cabin, stand up head, galley and twin 140-150 hp motors with a trailer for $150K range. I'd give them a call and or take a trip down there and visit his shop. Eric their General Manager and the entire staff are great to deal with. He hires local welders, buys all his motors, electronics, and other boat stuff from local distributors. BW build a truly custom aluminum boat not just a standard aluminum boat that you can add accessories too. Being that they are custom they can get as close to or over your $150K budget and you get to decide cabin layout, galley placement, size of the head, size of cabin. You get to decide every inch and foot of the boat build. The only thing that is standard is the hull and cabin shape/lines.

Our new 27 foot Wooldridge build is in your price range. We ordered it in June and it is very close to complete. The whole process has been very awesome. Take a look at the build topic on this forum. Shipping to Alaska was not that bad using the ferry system. You can PM me for details if you need more information. The other wooldridge owners on this forum were also very helpful with advice and taking the time to show us their boats.

Great Falls Montana and Coffman Cove Alaska

Default Boat Show

If it works for you I would suggest you attend the Seattle Boat Show. Almost all aluminum boat brands are displayed at the show, as well as motors, electronics etc. It is a great show!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast