Thread: Good prices for Garmin GPS handhelds, which one?

Default Good prices for Garmin GPS handhelds, which one?

Surfing the Cabela's selection of GPS and I see some pretty good deals going on at the $179.99 price point:

- Etrex 20X bundle marked down from $249.99

- Etrex 30x marked down from $299.99

- GPSMAP 64 marked down from $249.99

- GPSMAP 64s marked down from $299.99

Anyone have experience with any of these or have other recommendations? Usage will likely be for hunting and navigating on snowmachine.

Just found JOAT's recent comment here. I'm liking the GPSMAP 64s, think that's what I need.

A little follow up for anyone contemplating a purchase. I bought the GPSMAP 64S at Cabela's. The in-store price is $229 but they do honor the internet price. Showed them the Cabela's web page on my phone and paid $179.99. Popped a couple batteries in it this morning and was going through the setup routines. In the bottom floor of my house I got a satellite lock within a couple of minutes - through a floor and a roof. Amazing!

Cabela's is really good about matching prices. I've done it a couple of times. I even once bought an underwater camera from them by just talking to the sales rep in the department and after 15 minutes about debated the purchase with the wife and myself, the guy goes "I've got a lot of these in stock and I really need to sell some. What if I dropped $50 bucks from the price? That help you decide?"

A little late on this thread...but if you are looking to purchase a GPS, don't forget TheGPSStore.com and the Garmin site itself can have some smoking deals.
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Just picked up the Garmin 64s at cabelas yesterday. It is still marked down as are a few more models.