Thread: Next Generation of AK Photographers

Default Next Generation of AK Photographers

I post here from time to time and I also teach a section of digital photography at Mt Edgecumbe High School in Sitka. We are wrapping up a semester long course and I just wanted to share their website of images. Some are very strong and it was great fun introducing kids to a potential lifelong hobby. It was nice also to see something other than selfies.

They called their group Edge Images.

Excuse the self-serving nature of the post but I am proud of their work and wanted to share. Happy Holidays.

There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

KP, the dingleberry of Alaska

Great job being a mentor....some of those macro shots are stunning
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Great job Olga1913, very proud of you for stepping up, I would love to teach photo in my retirement, teaches them some life lessons and appreciate the world around them. now show them how to develop film and print -awesome
    "f/64 and be there"

Thanks EMoss#83. Would love to gear up for shooting some film. The equipment is in town but the chemicals are getting tougher to bring in. I wish I could have them do some printing but in 21 years in education I have learned there is no money. They are a fun group and I enjoyed the class.
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.