Thread: GUIDE / CHARTER HELP? Deep Creek or Seward.

Default GUIDE / CHARTER HELP? Deep Creek or Seward.

I will be on the Kenai Peninsula in July 13th thru the 22nd. Although I have already booked a few fishing trips I have a new situation at hand. At the last minute my mother, who loves to fish, decided she would like to go to Alaska with us (she is 71). What I am now looking for is near shore Halibut fishing out of Deep Creek or Seward. Bottom fishing would be OK also. I just do not think she could handle a two or three hour high speed run out of Homer or Deep Creek. The best dates would be the 17th ,18th or 19th, not the best tides but thatís what I have open. Thanks in advance.

Palmer, AK

Go through AFishunt charters based out of Ninilchik and launch out of Deep Creek. They only drive out for about an hour before their first anchor and hit one or two more places to ensure the customer catches their fish. A great group of people all around! I just got back home from a two day halibut and one day king package through them at a great deal! If you are military or retired military mention it. I did and they gave me a 10% discount. The owner, John Baker, is a retired USAF Lt.Col. They also had some really nice & cozy two bedroom/loft cabins that comfortably housed my family of four, which included 17 & 21 year boys that are very tall.

Here is their website:

If you decide to go with them, tell 'em Doug Kidwell sent you! Just a superb group of people who want nothing more to ensure their customers have a great time & bring home fish!

Try Marv Thompson for Seward fishing trips
    Marvs Charters: Seward AK: 907-224-6488