Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: skid bolt removal, 2015 550F wide track

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    64

    Default skid bolt removal, 2015 550F wide track

    Was removing front skid bolt so I could add tunnel protectors and studs.
    Now the threads are stripped on both sides, the bolt head is not stripped, just the threads.
    when I turn bolt it just spins. I can't screw bolts in or out.
    Ideas out there?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    3,246

    Default

    Can you grind off the nut or the bolt head and drive it out?

  3. #3
    Member Music Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    ANC
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    Have you tried prying up on the bolt head with a screw driver while turning the bolt?
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

  4. #4
    Member Yukoner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Whitehorse Yukon
    Posts
    1,344

    Default

    Maybe you already know this, but you need to have a wrench on the opposites sides bolt otherwise the whole thing will spin as you described. Sometimes you can take the one side out without it all spinning, but usually not.
    Your post was a bit unclear if you already did try with the wrench opposite. Hope this works for you, I've never heard of one stripping out.
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yukoner View Post
    Maybe you already know this, but you need to have a wrench on the opposites sides bolt otherwise the whole thing will spin as you described. Sometimes you can take the one side out without it all spinning, but usually not.
    Your post was a bit unclear if you already did try with the wrench opposite. Hope this works for you, I've never heard of one stripping out.
    Yup,
    Put a wrench on one side and an impact wrench on the other! If the shaft is inside a tube they can be difficult...the impact wrench is the best way to do it.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  6. #6

    Default

    The Wide Trak must not have windows in the rear of the tunnel to slide your tunnel protectors into then?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •