Thread: Winter Caribou hunt starts Dec 1>> I am Buying Bull Caribou Lifesize skins <<<

Default Winter Caribou hunt starts Dec 1>> I am Buying Bull Caribou Lifesize skins <<<

I am looking to buy a few Lifesize Skins from Bulls from the Winter Caribou hunt next week.

If you get a bull, ( Any size ), & not getting it mounted, Save the whole skin Intact >>>> NOT slit up the front of the neck <<<, & I would be interested in buying them.

You have to skin it anyways , why not make a hundred dollars from the skin.

I would also skin it for free if you want to sell it.

Call me for details.

I will be on the Steese hunting so we can meet up there or here at the shop in Fairbanks.

I might buy a couple Cow Lifesize skins if the skin is in good shape also.

I will have transfer of possesions on hand for the legal transaction.

RJ Simington
    PRO Taxidermy Fairbanks
    907 322 0936
    Custom Taxidermy, Experience the difference !!

RJ, I live just down the road from you and plan on going if I can find a buddy to go with, if we connect on a bull, I'll gladly pay a visit to your shop and meet a neighbor and help you out. Good luck, maybe I'll see you out there.

i'll give ya a hundred and twenty! lol
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Ill be heading up to join RJ on Monday if anyone from my neck of the woods needs a ride up to save on gas. I plan on coming back Wed/Thurs time frame

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

I'm not planning to hunt caribou anytime soon. But just curious how you skin them for life size. Dorsal cut all the way up the back and neck? Or?

Y at the antlers and dorsal skin to just before the tail. From the tail head down the backside of both rear legs to the hooves. Run the front legs up from the backside of the hooves up towards the armpits. The shorter the cut on the front quarter, the better, but you will have to work the front quarter through the hole. I did this with my moose in September. It was the first time I'd tried it, and it wasn't too bad. You can cut off at the neck, or remove the hide from the head. I took the time to remove the hide from the head in the field. That bugger was heavy, couldn't have imagined trying to move it around with the head and antlers still attached. Here's a few pictures to hopefully help give an idea of how to go about it.

You bet Steve, We will be back in the shop probably Teusday evening. We are hoping to get some fox or a Wolverine off of Gut piles Teusday morning.

The Caribou can be skinned Dorsal or Ventral ( Belly skinned ) Either way is fine with me.

I have a Caribou heard to mount for a customer at my Oregon studio, so I need about 5 bulls & maybe a couple cows.

Please don't cut up the front of the neck !!!

Ryan , We will probably leave a little after dark on Monday.

My Zebra truck is still in the shop so we will be in or 4 door white Ford F350, with a Quad & Ranger both with Trax on our trailer.

The weather forecast is looks fantastic , so it should be a great time to be out there.

Be carefull & have a good time.

RJ Simington
    PRO Taxidermy Fairbanks
    907 322 0936

sounds good RJ ill link up with you at your place I plan on leaving early Monday as I want to take it nice and easy heading north.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Only $100? They are worth more than that. Do your research guys n call around. Just an FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am offering to skin the animal for free, Flesh it my self, you don't have to salt & dry & box it, or come up with a person you can trust to sell them to.

There actually NOT worth anymore than that to me.

I am Not selling these things to Cabelas or Bass Pro. They are for a Museum piece that we are doing in Oregon.

Most of the time the hunters just hack the skins off & leave them for the Wolves, I figured I would give em a chance to make a little gas money back from the hunt without having to do Anything more than they have to anyways.

Like I said the skin Has to come off anyways.

RJ Simington
    PRO Taxidermy Fairbanks
    907 322 0936

Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    Only $100? They are worth more than that. Do your research guys n call around. Just an FYI Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    OK, rstabout..........how about providing a few links or phone numbers? Help a bro out!!
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Lol I used to sell snowshoe hares for 25 bucks each skinned for mounts on another web sight. Someone caught on to this and flooded the market selling whole hares for less and loads of them. I don't snow shoe hare hunt anymore.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Hey RJ not to hijack your post but I'll be up off the steese this weekend also. Just curious how the snow conditions are for the hunt? Trying to decide if wheelers or snowmachines would be best. Its a long drive to get up there to no snow. If anyone has any info on this please chime in. Thanks guys!

Quads without TRAXs are going to be a waiste of time.

We have had a couple feet of snow this year. even last year with about 1/3 of this snow fall quads wouldn't have worked.

snow machines & Quads with traxs will scoot around pretty good & its not suppose to be that cold.

I think it going to be in the upper teens. ( T shirt weather for an Alaskan ) LOL

See ya up there.

RJ Simington
    PRO Taxidermy Fairbanks
    907 322 0936

Got it RJ Thanks! I lived up there for about 6 yrs and the teens were definitely T-shirt weather this time of year.....now living in wasilla for 3 yrs has made me quite the cold weather sissy!!

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    OK, rstabout..........how about providing a few links or phone numbers? Help a bro out!!
    Not gonna post info here, one guy is a member here tho. Not hard to look up taxidermists and ask. PM me if ya want. I'll check w my contact if he's still looking. Will deal directly w him yourself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk