Thread: Black Dog Firearms in Soldotna....

Default Black Dog Firearms in Soldotna....

I've only been in there once for a quick look for a premium bullet, in which he had none. He hadn't been open long and I haven't been in there since. Didn't look around at all, but did see a number or AR type rifles on the wall. Other than that don't know anything about the guy and haven't heard any local talk about him either. I'm thinking about buying an early Christmas present (predator rifle) for myself and was wondering if anybody here has had any dealings with this store? How are his prices, selection, etc...??? Don't hesitate to pm me if you want to rant either....

Thanks....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    I've only been in there once for a quick look for a premium bullet, in which he had none. He hadn't been open long and I haven't been in there since. Didn't look around at all, but did see a number or AR type rifles on the wall. Other than that don't know anything about the guy and haven't heard any local talk about him either. I'm thinking about buying an early Christmas present (predator rifle) for myself and was wondering if anybody here has had any dealings with this store? How are his prices, selection, etc...??? Don't hesitate to pm me if you want to rant either....

Thanks....
    I think they try hard to please. They have been very good to me when I bought a few used rifles, a few new pistols and had them FFL for me several times.
    I like them better than some other local gun shops.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    I think they try hard to please. They have been very good to me when I bought a few used rifles, a few new pistols and had them FFL for me several times.
    I like them better than some other local gun shops.
    Thanks. And that was another question I was going to ask..... who do people on the Kenai like to use for FFL...???

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Thanks. And that was another question I was going to ask..... who do people on the Kenai like to use for FFL...???
    I've only been into that shop once. The owner I spoke with was courteous and I had good conversation with him. Initial impression being that I would do business with him. He only charges $30 for an ffl transfer
    The only problem I have is not being able to catch him in the store... From my experience, him being open during the posted hours is a gamble. Other than that, no problems.

They don't have much of a selection on what I normally want and like any small business they probably can't compete with bigger stores on most items. they seem friendly enough. I did hear a rumor about a new owner.

I have found 3 Bears in Kenai is easy to deal with for fire arms transfers and they have very dependable hours.

Quote Originally Posted by .338 mag. View Post

I have found 3 Bears in Kenai is easy to deal with for fire arms transfers and they have very dependable hours.
    I don't know what his regular hours are, but I drive by there everyday on the way home from work, and last week he was only open once after 5. I still haven't been in there but am curious if he normally stays open till 6...???