Thread: Good news and bad news

Default Good news and bad news

Well the good news is I took the family out today for the first time this year and we managed to land a few nice fish. No monsters, but a few bows that were 18-20 inches. The bad news is I took out my new Marcum VX-1 Pro flasher and it stopped working about 5 minutes into the trip. When I first got out there it was working great. I could even see the bottom and fish through the ice before I drilled the holes. After I drilled my holes I set up the marcum in a hole and immediately started marking fish on the sonar. My son asked me to drill a hole right next to mine so that he could see his lure on the sonar too. While I was drilling the hole my son said the flasher started acting weird and showing lines all over the screen. After that the flasher wouldn't work. I tried adjusting the gain. I tried wiping off the transducer. I tried lowering the transducer to another depth. I tried adjusting the interference button. But every time I turned the flasher on and off the bottom would disappear after about 3-5 seconds. I am curious if anyone has any idea what's wrong with it? I am going to call the company tomorrow. I have a warranty on it, but I am just wondering if anyone knows what's happened to it. Does running an auger nearby cause some type of electrical damage?

Anyhow, here is a pic of some of the fish we caught.

I'm worried about anemia. Y'all are looking a little green.

Or is that my vision that is green with envy? Nice haul and looks like a fun family outing.

Quote Originally Posted by ChugiakTinkerer View Post
    I'm worried about anemia. Y'all are looking a little green.

Or is that my vision that is green with envy? Nice haul and looks like a fun family outing.
    Ha, very funny. No the truth is I am not real crazy about posting pictures and giving out the identity of my family members on the net. You never know what types of weirdos out there can do with your personal info.

I have auged holes next to my VX-1 and haven't had a problem. I would try the transducer plug on the back of the unit. Or, Did you charge the battery over night before taking it out? New batteries are not fully charged and they die quick. It sounds like a dead battery.

Yup definitely sounds like a battery issue.
    Charge it up good and try it again.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Well I hope no one dropped transducer cone on ice or used it to break any ice.
    Got to look good even in defeat. IMAGE is everything.

Well, I wrote an email to Marcum's service department and described the problem. They called me first thing this morning before I left for work. They told me to just take it back to Bass Pro and exchange it. They said it sounded like a faulty transducer.