Thread: Got my brown bear back from RJ @ Pro Taxidermy!

Default Got my brown bear back from RJ @ Pro Taxidermy!

Man... I dont know what to say other than I am thrilled and to make things even better I am heading out with him on a Caribou Hunt in a few days up north. RJ did a phenomenal job and I am now finally able to start adding my trophies to the display area in our house (tomorrow the 6'8 blackie rug gets hung as well).

This bear was shot June 24th 2013 on a hunt with a good friend and fellow forum member. I called RJ and told him to take his time as we were leaving the state for a few years and feared having it moved back up once I retired. I talked to RJ continuously over the months as I was gone and once we arrived back in Alaska gave him a call to let him know we were back for good.

I cannot wait to put a bou down with him in the coming days as we enjoy the thrill of the outdoors and a great friendship and hopefully I can add another great trophy to the wall.

Bear.jpg

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Beautiful bear...good luck with all the rest.

Awesome mount! Looks really great poking out of the brush like that!
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

He must be really happy to be in your house cause he's smilin'.....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

4merguide, the story of the bear was captured perfectly. The bear was trying to wind me and back circle to my location when I shot her. She had her snout in the breeze trying to locate me and figure out what I was. She put her shoulder in between 2 trees offering me a clear shot at 170 yards. I placed a 180gn through her spine and she dropped on the spot. It truly was an amazing hunt and having this bear back "smiling" is exactly how I wanted her. Too many people make the bears look overly aggressive and for my trophy room I wanted to capture the features she had when the hunt took place. Thank you for the great comments everyone I am glad to share my excitement with this great community!

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."