Thread: Raw Hides

Default Raw Hides

Anyone have a contact on where to go or have a contact that may be able to supply me with a couple fresh or frozen, raw deer, moose, caribou or cow hides. I will use them in training blood tracking dogs. Just about any larger hide would work. Guess I prefer not to use hog hide because of the grease mess. I am in the Anchorage/Valley area but have limited contacts in Fairbanks and Delta J. Thanks Don Lietzau 907-227-4261
    Forgive me for being arrogant. I own 2 Drahthaar's.
    Tundramoor Drahthaar Kennel. Training Versatile Dogs because we hunt it all.
    Memeber of the Alaska Warterfowl Association.

call the meat processing people in the valley they might help they do live cattle as well as Game who knows they might help you
    SID

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    call the meat processing people in the valley they might help they do live cattle as well as Game who knows they might help you
    SID
    Sid, Thanks. I did talk with the guys at Mat Valley Meats and they said they could not let any body parts out due to Disease transmission. I get my blood there but no hides. Anyway, I picked up a moose hide so I am good for a while. Thanks again. Don and Crew
    Forgive me for being arrogant. I own 2 Drahthaar's.
    Tundramoor Drahthaar Kennel. Training Versatile Dogs because we hunt it all.
    Memeber of the Alaska Warterfowl Association.

I just skinned a caribou last night. I tossed the hide in my garbage can along with the head. It's not pretty but its yours if you wish. PM me