Thread: Groceries delivered to your door....free shipping....???

Default Groceries delivered to your door....free shipping....???

It costs me about $80.00 to $95.00 for fuel to go to Los'Anchorage for groceries. I now buy almost everything on-line and have it delivered to the bottom of the mountain. I am going to start ordering food and have it delivered. I pay $99.00 one time for a years of unlimited shipping from Amazon.com (Prime). And the first year was free.

Does anyone else buy most of their needs on-line........???

Absolutely! We do a large amount of our shopping online. Better prices, saves gas, saves time, free shipping, etc. All around win!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    It costs me about $80.00 to $95.00 for fuel to go to Los'Anchorage for groceries. I now buy almost everything on-line and have it delivered to the bottom of the mountain. I am going to start ordering food and have it delivered. I pay $99.00 one time for a years of unlimited shipping from Amazon.com (Prime). And the first year was free.

Does anyone else buy most of their needs on-line........???
    Let us know when Amazon figures out that they can't just dump glass jars into a box and drop kick them to AK, and I might try ordering food items from them again sometime...
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Sorry to hear that. Over the years we've probably had a few hundred orders and I've yet to have a packaging issue with items from Amazon. I have had a few challenges with items ordered from other dealers through Amazon however. Can't say I've ever tried to order something in a glass jar though. Hopefully they get it right next time for you.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Amazon ships by UPS. And I have never had a packaging problem. My only problem is they (UPS) can't make it up the logging road to the cabin, so I have to pack supplies up the mountain, but it is good exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Let us know when Amazon figures out that they can't just dump glass jars into a box and drop kick them to AK, and I might try ordering food items from them again sometime...