Thread: Raw skins for dog training purpose

Default Raw skins for dog training purpose

I am looking for raw hides from moose, caribou or deer that really need to be tossed. Not rotten but frozen is great. Also any fox in the round that is no longer OK for taxidermy that you need to purge from your bulging freezers. We training dogs and use these items in the training process. Would love free, can't pay much. Anchorage / Valley area preferred. Thanks Don Lietzau 907-227-4261
    Forgive me for being arrogant. I own 2 Drahthaar's.
    Tundramoor Drahthaar Kennel. Training Versatile Dogs because we hunt it all.
    Memeber of the Alaska Warterfowl Association.

Wish I would have seen this earlier. Definitely helped a lot of people butcher moose this fall that didn't need the hide when they were finished. Next year around September/October send me a message- I can definitely get you some pieces of moose and possibly caribou hide. Just curious- what kind of training do you intend to do with the hide?
    Lone Alaskan Gypsy
    Lover of arctic fox and northern lights.
    Reader of arctic runes. Alaskan storyteller. Handcrafted trinket trader. Grower of organic plants.
    Find me online at www.lonealaskangypsy.com and at fairs, markets, and festivals around AK.

I train versatile hunting dogs. Train in the German testing system as well as NAVHDA. In the German system we do blood tracking of wounded game on leash as well as drag and recovery of game that runs off an dies. The hide or better "pieces of a hide" would be used in laying drags as well as the target at the end of the blood track. Please, keep me in mind. I have enough moose hides chunks right now but as we get into warmer weather they don't last as long. Also looking for fox in the carcass frozen whole. We do various events with fox too. Thanks for asking Don Lietzau 907-227-4261

I'm in western Alaska at the moment. I do have quite a stack of fox carcasses (we're in a ridiculous high cycle in western AK right now), but unfortunately the shipping probably wouldn't be worth it. Mine also don't have heads- I save the skulls. Maybe try asking on the trapping section here on this forum? I'm sure some trappers on the road system also have fox carcasses.
    Lone Alaskan Gypsy
    Lover of arctic fox and northern lights.
    Reader of arctic runes. Alaskan storyteller. Handcrafted trinket trader. Grower of organic plants.
    Find me online at www.lonealaskangypsy.com and at fairs, markets, and festivals around AK.

Trust me, I have been beating every bush with Zero results. I have been on the Trappers Forums all around here. To the Trapper store in Eagle River. Called as many trappers as I know and put the word out. Nothing. I am willing to pay market price and still drawing a blank. I do need the entire fox. Wonder what fox shipped in from Bethel would cost? Still looking. Don