Thread: Getting excited! Going to pick up my Brown Bear and wifes Fox from Pro Taxidermy

Default Getting excited! Going to pick up my Brown Bear and wifes Fox from Pro Taxidermy

Well RJ has always been the most stand up taxidermist I have dealt with. After getting screwed on my 6'8 black bear by another Anchorage Taxidermist (he who's name shall not be mentioned). RJ took that black bear in and repaired it to the best of his ability while I was in Afghanistan to try and salvage my trophy. Not only did the rug come back simply amazing compared to what it originally looked like (it was really really really bad), he did not charge us a dime to repair the other guys piss poor work.

So since then RJ has handled all our taxidermy work and we sent him in a nice brownie I shot a few years back. Was a great hunt with a fellow forum member and managed to tag a beautiful blond sow in late June. The temps were not in our favor at all (hit 90 degrees while we were on our way out of the field). We managed to get it in the deep freezer within a few hours time but due to the temps even the ice bath we had it on did not help as we had some slipping in the hide. We told RJ to take his time as we would be out of state for a few years until I retired and I felt there was no need to rush things as we were planning on moving back for good in about 2-3 years. Well 2 years and change later we are back and RJ has nearly completed my bear and my wifes beautiful red fox. So if all goes well we will be driving up to Fairbanks Friday to pick up the mounts and finally get to see an old friend.

RJ was able to salvage a good amount of the hide on the brown but did have to piece a bit together due to the slippage however I am not too concerned as I saw what he had done to salvage my big blackie and it looked 1000x better than what the other hack of a taxidermist had done.

Photos will be coming soon as we have yet to even see how the progress was coming along. We wanted it to be a surprise so we are very excited to add it to the trophy room. The timing couldn't be better either as my birthday is on Saturday so I can say this is a great birthday gift and it will allow the 17 guests coming over for Thanksgiving a chance to share the excitement and memory of a truly great hunt.

Thanks again RJ I look forward to seeing you Friday (unless your daughter has her baby around that time.. then we can work around your schedule).

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

here is my beautiful sow that he repaired

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Here is the brownie that he is doing a pedestal mount on

and my wifes fox that RJ is finishing up

RJ.. .I am thrilled! Thank you so much

Your very welcome Ryan.

Thanks
    RJ Simington
    PRO Taxidermy
    Custom Taxidermy, Experience the difference !!

Wow, that's a unigue mount. Good job.