Thread: S&W Governor .410/45 long colt

Default S&W Governor .410/45 long colt

Anyone out there shoot this revolver? Just bought one with the 2.5 inch barrel and wondered if you have any recommendations for both short range protection and small game hunting.
    Thanks
    My child was inmate of the month at Mat-Su pre-trial Correctional facility.

Default Range results

So I went out and bought the .410/.45 Governor for no other reason than it's always good to buy more guns. At 10 yards the .45 acp patterned ok, the 45 long colt had tighter groups as well as more noticeable recoil. I have a picture of the shotgun pattern. 3 shells and all 12 shot on paper, a bit off to the right but that is probably me. 3 shotgun shells kicked a bit but doable. Do not know what niche this gun fills. There are certainly better self defense pistols. Bears? Small game? Self defense? Probably does all marginally. Should be a great camp gun.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My child was inmate of the month at Mat-Su pre-trial Correctional facility.

Pretty dang good self defense pistol to live on a night stand but for most other chores there are far better options.

Wild West was making choke like muzzle devices with zero twist rifling to stop the wad spinning for the Taurus, intended to make them pattern bird shot for popping spruce hens. That would make it a versatile woods side arm but I think the Smith has a two piece barrel and would be harder to add a muzzle device.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Its a gun kinda like my Henry mares leg 44mag something different to have. I will say leaning against a post my Henry shoots 3" or less at fifty yards with factory sights.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you