Thread: Foxpro reviews

Default Foxpro reviews

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger and buy a Foxpro Shock wave. Everything I've read says it's well worth the money. Are any of you serious Alaska callers using this machine? I still have an FX3 but never had the results I was expecting from it. I did better 15 years ago with a tape and tape recorder. I've got access to some property where the landowners are complaining about the coyotes and they want me to come thin them out.

myunderstanding about calling up here is that the big issue is lack of predators( much higher densities down south), also at least up here in the interior weare at the bottom of the lynx cycle, I just now started to see Rabbit tracks, abuddy didn't get a single lynx on his trap line ( avg 4-5 a year). I don't knowabout the shockwave but a I know I've called in lynx/ coyote with fox pro wildfire 2 which is the low end. I'm not saying don't go buy it ( I think if itísgot a higher volume thatís a real good thing) but I wouldn't be so quick thblame your caller. (This is the point you tell you've been calling in Alaskafor 20 plus years and make me look like an idiot!)

I own the Shockwave...............and it has some serious volume. Advise you carry a spare pair of undershorts, if you play the "Bear Cub in Distress" by accident at volume, you will likely poop your pants. If you know someone who is constipated, it will cure that condition quickly.

I have the CS-24 and have had a fair bit of success with it on lynx and coyote. I've been nothing but impressed. That said, as AKducks notes, we have relatively low populations of predators compared to many places in the lower 48, and where we have coyotes they are not the apex predator that they are down south. Coyotes are difficult to call up here regardless of their numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by HomerAdam View Post
    I still have an FX3 but never had the results I was expecting from it. I did better 15 years ago with a tape and tape recorder. I've got access to some property where the landowners are complaining about the coyotes and they want me to come thin them out.
    You never will in Alaska and it not the fault of the FX3. You can not call in what is not there...........

I've been calling in Alaska for 20 + years. The sound quality of my FX3 wasn't right for some reason. I finally benched it and started using my hand calls again. I got several coyotes and a wolf with those. I'm just wanting to give a higher quality Foxpro a try. Heading down to Colorado in a few days to hunt pheasants so I'll swing by Sidney and grab one from the giant Cabelas store.

I've been calling in Alaska for 20 + years. The sound quality of my FX3 wasn't right for some reason. I finally benched it and started using my hand calls again. I got several coyotes and a wolf with those. I'm just wanting to give a higher quality Foxpro a try. Heading down to Colorado in a few days to hunt pheasants so I'll swing by Sidney and grab one from the giant Cabelas store.
    Forget what I said, I did not know you were having a problem with the sound of the FX3.

I've got access to some property where the landowners are complaining about the coyotes and they want me to come thin them out.
    Sounds like a good problem to have. Wish I was you.

I've heard and seen the Shockwave and it looks like a great caller. With the cold that I hunt in and the fact that my FoxPro's ride along on my snowmachine, I use the CS-24 models. They've been superb machines and can handle thrashing around at -40ļF. Some of the new features on the new FoxPro's are really slick and I think that the Shockwave would be excellent down there in your neck of the woods.

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger and buy a Foxpro Shock wave. Everything I've read says it's well worth the money. Are any of you serious Alaska callers using this machine? I still have an FX3 but never had the results I was expecting from it. I did better 15 years ago with a tape and tape recorder. I've got access to some property where the landowners are complaining about the coyotes and they want me to come thin them out.

I own a shockwave, have had it since the year they came out. You will be hard pressed to find a better e-caller. The remote is easy to use, the features and sound quality are really second to none. I have hunted over the majority of e-callers that foxpro makes over the years, and all will call predators. The shockwave just does it better than most lol. Add the fact that you can aim the speakers and blend sounds right there from your remote mid stand.... Yeah you get the picture..

I will say this, buy high voltage lithium rechargable batteries!!! I could usually get a full day and a half of calling out of mine before I had to change them out (this is with alot of calling and 15+ stand days during tournaments). So make sure you have a spare set on you and ready.

Sounds like it's a go for the Shockwave then. I'll be buying one on Sunday after I chase some Colorado ringnecks.

Homer Adam ,You've got a PM.

I've got some buddies that have the Shockwave and they were all tickled pink when they got them. They are pretty sweet machines. That being said they usually leave them in the truck or at home if there is a lot of walking or space is at a premium. They always make sure I have my old FP Scorpion which still works awesome. If you are gonna be hunting with a vehicle a lot get the Shockwave, but if you are doing any walking get something smaller. I'm really surprised your FX3 has been so disappointing. My one bud has the spitfire which is their low end and it works just as well as all the other FP calls we use. I would keep what ya have or take Snowcamomans advice and get the CS24. I've used that one too and it's a top notch caller. Are you gonna sell the FX3, Id be interested in it for a back up.

I'd like to add that the new TX1000 remote that FoxPro has is the ticket in the cold. It isn't affected by the cold one bit and has been 100% reliable for me. It has all kinds of bells and whistles, but I don't use many of those, just FoxBang. Good luck out there, it's turning out to be a good season so far.

I've been using Foxpro callers since shortly after the company started. I've upgraded occassionally, but can tell you they all call preds just fine. A lot of the added bells and whistles are just marketing and will seldom be used. The most important parts of successful calling are location and setup. Find a place with a decent density of critters and focus on proper setup. This will have far more influence on success than caller model, sound quality, volume, etc. The latest, greatest, and fanciest caller in the world won't do any good if you are calling in a pred wasteland or where mobs of folks are calling. The qualities I like most in my caller are compact size, ease of use, and a wide range of calls. I like to get remote, sometimes on foot, so keeping my caller on a lanyard around my neck under my coat is my preference. I've used several Foxpro models and my favorite is still the Scorpion. It's been all over Alaska and on many trips to other states. I hope it lasts forever.