Thread: Lake Louise

Default Lake Louise

When do the trails around Lake Louise typically become ridable? And when is the usually safe for crossing Lake Louise and other lakes in the vicinity? Thanks.

call the lodges they want you to stay with them , so they will have the info you want I think SID

Lake Louise Lodge is closed till Feb 2016. You can still call and get lake ice depth and trail information from John. The Lake Louise snowmachine club has a website that they will update once they put the trail markers in and start grooming. Until then it's just word of mouth. I should be getting an ice thickness report from Lake Louise tomorrow or Thursday. If it's over 10" thick I'm planning on towing my ice shack out. I'll post up what I find out.

There are no trails to speak of right now. I spent the day beating myself and machine to death to try and get some traps set. Ice was 6" ro 12" in places that I drilled, didn't venture to the center of the lakes, no need yet. LOTS of fox this year, few coyotes and a few cats. Had my pair of wolves come thru and torture me as usual. Thought I had everything set for them till this weather set in this week. I am sure I have some exposed traps, temp is currently 37 deg above..

This creek was a nighmare..

Quote Originally Posted by trailblazersteve View Post
    There are no trails to speak of right now. I spent the day beating myself and machine to death to try and get some traps set. Ice was 6" ro 12" in places that I drilled, didn't venture to the center of the lakes, no need yet. LOTS of fox this year, few coyotes and a few cats. Had my pair of wolves come thru and torture me as usual. Thought I had everything set for them till this weather set in this week. I am sure I have some exposed traps, temp is currently 37 deg above..

This creek was a nighmare..

Thanks for the update Steve. That creek really does look like a nightmare. Glad you got your line all set. Good luck this season.