Thread: Sellier & Bellot ammo? Has anyone used it?

Default Sellier & Bellot ammo? Has anyone used it?

I recently saw some Sellier & Bellot 300 win mag ammo loaded with a 180 gr Partition bullet and is much cheaper than other comparable ammo. Has anyone used this and how does it compare to other "premium ammo"?

I use the 8mm ammo. Accurate and hot. No issues. Will be hunting with it tomorrow. I will let you know terminal goodies if I get something. Using their SPCE ammo.
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

I haven't used S&B yet but Cabela's has Herters which is really low priced and is the best shooting ammo I have found for my 7.62x54R. There was a guy at the range a while back that was testing ammo in his x54R and was shooting about 1'' @100yds using S&B.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to buy some and give it a shot. Quite a history on this company and they have an interesting timeline on their website if you haven't seen it.

I've used their pistol ammunition. No complaints- worked fine for blasting paper.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Shot a truckload in 12 ga of S&B no complaints.
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

I've used the .308. If I recall they load slightly hotter than US manufacturers because they expect firearms users to be smarter than across the pond here. Same with Privy Partizan, who makes a really good 7x57 offering in 139-gr. Less liability issues over there I guess.