Thread: Best place to get a Sat phone?

Default Best place to get a Sat phone?

We will be heading into Fairbanks in late august and I wanted to see where we could rent one at? Our the other places to find them maybe on the internet? Any past expierences would be helpful.

Surveyors exchange.... Greg Lee handles their rentals... good phones, decent prices and easy to deal with.

Default Sat Phone

Fairbanks Radio ask for Joyce, she has done right by me for over 3 years.

Steve

Just curious, what does a rental fee run?

Surveyor's Exchange in Anchorage rents a sat. phone package for $75/week or $225/month plus $1.75 per minute and will ship it to you. You're going to be in Fairbanks but this will at least give you an idea of cost. If a Fairbanks rental doesn't work out you can check out this package at www.surveyors-exchange.com

Default Alaska Satellite Communications

www.alaskasatellitecommunications.com
    Located in Anchorage, been happy with them everytime I've used them (3 times so far). Located Anchorage on the airport service road (just off of Jewel Lake Road at the intersection of Jewel and Int'l airport rd) right next to Iliamna Air.

Just purchase one! satphonestore.com, $1299 for the Iridium 9505A, and $500 for 500 minutes .99 per minute. $1800 for the toatal package with variour type antennas and charging cords, and case. Purchased mine Summer of 2006, haven't even used all my minutes and they are still carrying over ( no time limit ) used it in Iraq while I was deployed and still using it today, and will be using it this hunting season, also it's water resistant...I have used it out in the rain....K

Default kahahawai

You want to rent your phone out seeing how you will have your goat at the taxidermist by the time I get up there?