Thread: Applying for draw/Tier 1 without a current license.

Default Applying for draw/Tier 1 without a current license.

I'm wanting to take my upstairs neighbor hunting next year and recommended the Tier 1 caribou as a good first hunt. He has a 2015 fishing license but not hunting license. Can he sign up for next years hunts without having a current license?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

you either need to have a license for this year (2015) or buy one for next year. Since I hunt every year, I just buy my license for the following year when I get permits. However, since my wife doesn't hunt every year, I am able to get her a license every other year. System works great, last year she didn't buy a 2015 license until after she had won a caribou tag.

You don't need any license at all to apply for the Tier I tag - it's not a part of the application. You need to purchase one prior to hunting, but not in order to apply. For drawing hunts, I always buy next year's license when I put in for draws.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    You don't need any license at all to apply for the Tier I tag - it's not a part of the application. You need to purchase one prior to hunting, but not in order to apply. For drawing hunts, I always buy next year's license when I put in for draws.

Good catch, I guess I have draw permits on the brain!