Thread: Mokai Windshield

Default Mokai Windshield

First time posting a picture hope it works. These computer things are amazing even had to adjust size and still got it first try.

Feed back on the windshield would be nice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Do you have trim around the edge? Looks like material similar to wheeler and snowmachine windshields. Plenty big enough for good protection. When do you start working on the enclosed cab?

Didn't think about total enclosure just splash protection.
    Did not trim it out but planning on doing that as well.

Thumbs up Nice

It's looking good!

Default MOKAI Windshield

As the owner of two Mokai's I have been searching for a way to keep some the water that comes over the bow out of my face and the boat. The windshields that alaskamokiaman has shown in some of his posted photographs look impressive. What is the best way to get a couple of those? Thanks

Since these boats have such a low profile, do you think the windshield will catch lots of wind (like a cross wind) or slow it down?

I'll trade some speed for more protection. I am not too concerned about cross winds. It would be great if I could find a scratch resistant Lexan windshield with adaptable hardware that was commercially available. I certainly would appreciate any insight members could pass along. Thank you.

Default windshield at boat show

I was just at the boat show at Northway mall and next to Silver Streak is one with a windshield, the show ends in a few days I think (call Deweys for Info) but take a look and ask some questions.
    19' Lowe Roughneck
    90/65 Honda 4 stroke
    Outboard Jet

Default Boat Show?

There's a boat show going on right now? I thought it was next month.

I don't have or carry a manufactured windshield for the Mokai, but I can give you some ideas on making one similar and a little more scratch resistant. While we are on the subject of "Glass" for "boats"...Bummer we can't rightly advertise what we do for a living on the forum. Oh well!

Default boat show

Robbentler
    this show is just Deweys and Silverstreak I think, the one in the Feb has more participants.
    19' Lowe Roughneck
    90/65 Honda 4 stroke
    Outboard Jet

Perfect, thanks.

I designed and built the windshield for the MOKAI very simple and I will share this info if you want to build your own.

Myers I would love to talk with you about glass, plastic windows. And I would think that you can say you work with ......and just not name the company. PM me I would love to gain insite.

I have changed the windshield to cut costs and how it attaches to the boat all parts from Lowes.

I sent a PM to some of you hopefully you received it. I don't know the rules on sending out business names or business phone numbers, if someone wants to enlighten me on the rules I would be accomodating. "Yes, you clearly can see my profession, especially when looking out the window of your boat, home, or office."

Myers,

Look forward to meeting you and talking glass and plastics.

I just got back from Dusseldorf Germany boat show was the biggest boat show I have ever been to 3-4 Billion dollars on the floor. First weekend the most expensive boat sold cost $23000.00 to fill it with fuel.

I saw plastic windows made in Russia who had no idea how to work with it, nice boat bad windows.

Wow, I would have loved to go to that show! I subscribe to almost all the boating mags available, and two of my favorites are "Yachting" and "Showboats International" because the boats in them are so far out of reach it makes for interesting reading. (Walk the docks in Homer and check out the windows, there is a trend with the windows. -Why they do it that way???)