Thread: Washington duck hunting opportunity

Default Washington duck hunting opportunity

Just back for visit down south. Had opportunity to do some duck hunting in the Potholes Reservoir in eastern WA. Hadn't been down there since early 90s. Highly recommend the Meseberg Duck Taxi http://www.ducktaxi.com/hunting.html. Friend and I did a non-guided trip on 28 Oct. Had a really good time even if we couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. Don't need waders or even to get your feet wet, they provide and deploy decoys, blind had seats and plenty of room on dry ground, skiff available to chase birds. Saw tons of ducks of all kinds, lots through decoys. I would do again next time down there, especially early in the season. I did go out to pond just a few miles to the west on prior Sunday but all the shooting was in the main body of water where we sat on Wednesday. Sorry no pics. Ended up dropping 12 birds (7 bird limit/person).

sounds like a good time not bad price either
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Quote Originally Posted by SteveAK View Post
    Just back for visit down south. Had opportunity to do some duck hunting in the Potholes Reservoir in eastern WA. Hadn't been down there since early 90s. Highly recommend the Meseberg Duck Taxi http://www.ducktaxi.com/hunting.html. Friend and I did a non-guided trip on 28 Oct. Had a really good time even if we couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. Don't need waders or even to get your feet wet, they provide and deploy decoys, blind had seats and plenty of room on dry ground, skiff available to chase birds. Saw tons of ducks of all kinds, lots through decoys. I would do again next time down there, especially early in the season. I did go out to pond just a few miles to the west on prior Sunday but all the shooting was in the main body of water where we sat on Wednesday. Sorry no pics. Ended up dropping 12 birds (7 bird limit/person).
    I hunted there often in the late 60's and 70's and loved the place. Would really enjoy running that area in my airboat, all those sand dunes would be great. Bud
    Wasilla