Thread: Shipping animal hides. Help!

Default Shipping animal hides. Help!

I am trying to send my animal hides out for taxidermy and I am striking out. Do you guys and gals know the best way to ship my hides to the lower 48 for taxidermy?

thanks in advance,

Dexter

I've been shipping frozen, salted hides via UPS second day air. I drop them off at the UPS terminal at TSAIA and the person I'm shipping them to in the lower 48 receives them on schedule. I've sent three boxes this way over the last two years without issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Grayson View Post
    I am trying to send my animal hides out for taxidermy and I am striking out. Do you guys and gals know the best way to ship my hides to the lower 48 for taxidermy?

thanks in advance,

Dexter
    If Alaska Airlines flies to your location in the lower 48 then Alaska Air Cargo is probably your best bet.

I just shipped a life size mountain goat hide to montana and it cost $40 for 2nd day air FedEx.

If it's salted and dry, I just bundle it up and double bag it in feed bags wrapped in duct tape and ship it USPS. That's how I ship them to Moyles in Idaho. Though $40 for second day air through FedEx as mtnclimber said sounds very reasonable for a full goat hide.

Mine was frozen and i used r19 insulation to help keep the cold in for longer. I used the taxidermists commercial account to ship it so not sure how much of a discount i was given for that.

I did the same as mtnclimber with a bear hide a week ago but it sounds like he got a pretty good discount. It cost me 105 dollars for second day air fedex.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk