Thread: German Shorthair Pointer wanted

Default German Shorthair Pointer wanted

Title says it all. Looking for german shorthair pointer puppy. If anyone knows of any in Alaska I would appreciate your letting me know who has them. Thanks in advance and good hunting.

There was a GSP kennel in Eagle River. Not sure whether the kennel is still in existence but if it is then that might be a good starting point.

I am not aware of any active German Shorthair breeders here in Alaska. Not saying there are none, just not any active in my circles with NAVHDA. The kennel in Eagle River moved to South Dakota. If I was going to get a Shorthair I would at least look at Indian Brook Kennels, in Colorado, Tom Sweezy is the owner. or Howard Meyer's Chippewa Kennels in Oregon. Both produce very nice dogs. Just so your aware there will be 2 Drahthaar litters on the ground in the Chugiak area around April. One being mine and the other with Gary McCarthy. Follow us on Facebook. Don Lietzau.
    Forgive me for being arrogant. I own 2 Drahthaar's.
    Tundramoor Drahthaar Kennel. Training Versatile Dogs because we hunt it all.
    Memeber of the Alaska Warterfowl Association.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckdon View Post
    I am not aware of any active German Shorthair breeders here in Alaska. Not saying there are none, just not any active in my circles with NAVHDA. The kennel in Eagle River moved to South Dakota. If I was going to get a Shorthair I would at least look at Indian Brook Kennels, in Colorado, Tom Sweezy is the owner. or Howard Meyer's Chippewa Kennels in Oregon. Both produce very nice dogs. Just so your aware there will be 2 Drahthaar litters on the ground in the Chugiak area around April. One being mine and the other with Gary McCarthy. Follow us on Facebook. Don Lietzau.
    I may be interested though the timing is kinda tough. What's the price?

Release Lake Trout

I saw a couple of pups on Alaskaslist.com this morning.

Thanks to all. I am working all angles so if anyone else has any other suggestions please let me know.

We, the wife, kid and I, have had many dogs and all have decided that the best ones we have had were German Shorthair's, so even though there are none available now we are going to keep hunting for one. Accidents do happen and blind hogs do find acorns.