Thread: Osprey conversion to Outboard

Default Osprey conversion to Outboard

Been awhile since I've been on forums busy summer. So this spring I discover my boat was was not winterized correctly by a local shop. To make a long story short I had two choices rebuild my motor or take the insurance money and us it towards a conversion to Outboards.
    After pricing out everything I decided to go with a single outboard 300 Mercury. Couldn't be happier. Here are a bunch of pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

nice looking install....what kind of bracket? who did the work?

Heck yes! That is awesome.

Sobie2

Nice looking conversion and good performance numbers from your other post. Is your Osprey the 24 or 26/26LC? My old 26LC with 5.7 I/O didn't go much over 35 kts and at cruise, 25-27 kts she was burning about 16 gph. She looks like she sits in the water OK too. Mine was a bit bow down so lightening up the ass end with the OB wouldn't have helped that any though moving the weight further aft might make a difference. Moving the batteries like you did though would help, and get them out of those tight step boxes which was a pain getting them out. Hope she gives you years more service with the conversion!

Nicely done!!! I'd spray every electrical connection (bus bars, terminal blocks, etc) with that purple protective spray. I hose out my transom battery storage compartment from time to time just to get rid of the salt mist that ends up in there and that purple stuff never goes away or allows any corrosion issues.
    Check out Quickwater Adventure water taxi/transport services: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quick...37553606260978

Nice Mike! How do you like the Verado?
    North River and Phantom Boat Dealer
    Mecury, FNM Diesel Engine, Hagglund sales and service
    Prop, Impeller & Alumimum boat repair, customization, & metal fabrication.
    Visit www.akfrontierfab.com

Quote Originally Posted by excav8tr View Post
    nice looking install....what kind of bracket? who did the work?
    The mount is from seasport pmc mount. All the fiberglass work was done by Joel at ashbreeze boats works. As you can see it looks new. His his glass work was perfect.
    Motors was installed by tracker boats. Jeff is down there is really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Halibutgrove View Post
    Nice Mike! How do you like the Verado?
    So far I have 120 hours and love it. I priced out all the brands and no one can even come close to what I paid. Plus the power steering on the main and kicker is so nice. Plus as you know how nice dts controls are. Very happy guys.

Default Osprey conversion to Outboard

So I got a people telling me I'm bs about what I paid for my motors.
    300 verado pro 15 kicker all in stalled for 24,010.53

Very sanitary install...looks great. Beautiful work on everything.

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    So I got a people telling me I'm bs about what I paid for my motors.
    300 verado pro 15 kicker all in stalled for 24,010.53

That is a good price but we Could have beat the price on the 300xxl. What does page two list as options.

Everything to install motors and labor.... Should have quoted correctly when I called....
    You think I didn't shop around... I looked for the best deal.

I see one 300 Verado and one serial number for that motor. The 5k in options are unspecified, but I know Verado controls and props are not cheap and neither is labor. A pro 15 with install and controls is another large chunk of change.

There is no doubt Bass Pro has amazing pricing on Mercury motors but s picture of a QUOTE with only one motor listed has not convinced me that is what you paid for both motors and all required install items including labor.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Halibutgrove View Post
    That is a good price but we Could have beat the price on the 300xxl. What does page two list as options.

That's a great looking upgrade Mike. Who cares who could have beaten your deal after the fact. (BS). Guess they should have beaten it before hand. Either way you don't have to prove anything to anyone. Run the piss out of that motor and enjoy every moment on the water.

27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    Everything to install motors and labor.... Should have quoted correctly when I called....
    You think I didn't shop around... I looked for the best deal.

I can believe the price, they can afford to make up the margin difference selling the other stuff in the store. When someone brings in a written quote, I'll always try to beat the price if possible. Glad to hear your enjoying the engine. The L6 is a well designed power head. We rebuilt one this summer with over 4000 hours on it so you should have years of service ahead of you.