Thread: How to sign your 10 year old kid up for drawing permits the first time

Default How to sign your 10 year old kid up for drawing permits the first time

Hey guys,

My ten-year old son just took hunter safety this last spring and I was going to sign him up for the drawing permits. When I started signing him up I got stuck at the place where you have to enter in a hunting license number, driving license number etc. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to enter his hunter safety number in the hunting license number box or what. I want to make sure I do it right, because he worked real hard to earn that hunter safety and plus I plan on spending $55 on tags for him. It would tick me off severely if his application was rejected because of a simple mistake. I've never put in for one of my kids yet. He has gone hunting with me, but only under my tag. This will be his first year with his own tags. Any advice is appreciated.

I just left all fields blank that asked for drivers, etc. The site figures it out by looking at date of birth. I have 4 kids and this has worked for me every year.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Best bet would be to call ADF&G to confirm the correct method, but in the past it sounds like entering "AGE10" or "AGE11" in the license number spot was the way to go. Again, still probably best to confirm just so you don't get it kicked out by making a mistake. If you do check with them, please respond here with their answer. This question usually comes up a couple times during the application period, so would be good to have the answer posted somewhere to reference.

Default Yep

Quote Originally Posted by anchskier View Post
    Best bet would be to call ADF&G to confirm the correct method, but in the past it sounds like entering "AGE10" or "AGE11" in the license number spot was the way to go. Again, still probably best to confirm just so you don't get it kicked out by making a mistake. If you do check with them, please respond here with their answer. This question usually comes up a couple times during the application period, so would be good to have the answer posted somewhere to reference.
    I put my kid in last year, I bought his licence online while putting in for draws to get a licence # had no prombles putting him for draws .

Quote Originally Posted by breth View Post
    I put my kid in last year, I bought his licence online while putting in for draws to get a licence # had no prombles putting him for draws .
    But if the kid is under the age of 16, then they don't need a license.

Same an anchsier, when I have put my nephews in for tags in the past we have entered AGE10 in the license # box while leaving the driver's license part blank.

Never had any issue putting my grandkids in. It knows if they are 10 they do not need a hunting licence or drivers licence so just leave those fields blank

Put my kiddos in for many hunts. Only have to put their age in for id and license "AGE__". And I did this according to directions in the regs and from ADF&G folks. Good luck.

Yes, you are all correct. I called Fish and Feathers to verify this procedure and they did instruct me to write AGE0010 in the hunting license box. The only caveat is they said you have to enter seven characters, so you have to put the two zeros in front of the 10. Not sure if capital letters or lowercase letters matter. I forgot to ask that question. You would think the website would do a better job of explaining this. I wonder how many kids applications get rejected because of a silly mistake like this.

My kids have all drawn with a simple AGE10 in the box...no seven characters needed. However, if F&G says seven, I would use seven.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem