Thread: thrift store score!

Default thrift store score!

Was hoping around thrift stores today just looking for cool stuff. Found a huge treasure trove of **** good books, inluding many brand new reloading manuals and older ones , and an original 1946 copy of elmer keiths keiths rifles for large game hardback in excellent condition..... for 4 bucks..... amazing find, and also many older alaska hunting books. I took em all home as the price and buy 2 get one free deal was too good to pass up.

Release Lake Trout

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    Was hoping around thrift stores today just looking for cool stuff. Found a huge treasure trove of **** good books, inluding many brand new reloading manuals and older ones , and an original 1946 copy of elmer keiths keiths rifles for large game hardback in excellent condition..... for 4 bucks..... amazing find, and also many older alaska hunting books. I took em all home as the price and buy 2 get one free deal was too good to pass up.
    You struck gold! Any Elmer book is worth $50 and that one is hard to find. With winter coming on...or here, good books over T.V. any day!

Good deal there!

When we bought out the machine shop tooling of Sure Fire Defense last year they gave us the book collection of the company's founder. There are 9 file boxes of firearms books in my closet now I haven't had time to look at yet. There are at least 250 books there including about everything the US and British military ever declassified, complete blueprints for M1/1903,SMILE,1918-BAR and who knows what else!
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

I knew a guy in PA that has an extensive library of gun related books, a good portion of which came from used book stores. Thar be hunerts of those stores in PA.

I shopped some of them with him.

SOTN
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

I have searched the local thrift stores for years and never found a gun book of any type in one. I did buy a nice Ben Pearson recurve with about five cedar arrows and a quiver for $4.

EKC and AD I thought you might appreciate. Being a huge EK fan, I'll take whatever I can find of his work. Found a bunch of other great gems as well. But not EK. My dad had a short lived friendship with who I grew up as being referred to as " one helluva man". Dad was given a first print autographed copy of " hell I was there" and cherishes it like no other. One of his few regrets in life is he wishes he could have spent more time alongside Elmer Keith when he had the chance. He certainly has left his mark on me as well being as I'm a very respectful fan of his works. I'll be lookin for more for sure.

Release Lake Trout

Quote Originally Posted by Cast Iron View Post
    I have searched the local thrift stores for years and never found a gun book of any type in one. I did buy a nice Ben Pearson recurve with about five cedar arrows and a quiver for $4.
    Neither have I till that day.... man asked me what I'm interested in..... gun books, hunting books, general outdoors.... and he kindly pointed out his 3 shelf rack full of fresh of just what I wanted.

Release Lake Trout