Thread: Stay away from Soldotna processor...... And here's why... Pm me for name of business

Default Stay away from Soldotna processor...... And here's why... Pm me for name of business

I posted last week of the over charging I got when I dropped off some meat at the processors. I also got pee pee slapped because I used said businesses name, so this time I am leaving the name out but feel free to pm me for it.
    I was charged by the quarter instead of by the incoming weight like usual and advertised price is .89 per lb and was rudely informed that they wrote it down on the receipt of how I would be charged. WRONG I have both copies of the receipts (the carbon copy you get when you drop it off and the receipt when you pick it up) and the price of being charged by the quarter was added on at a different time after the meat was dropped off. The added price was not on my original receipt. Well when I was contacted to let me know that it was done I was told I was charged almost 200 dollars for 77 lbs of incoming meat. It didn't really register at the moment because I was at work. After a minute of thinking about it I realized that the price was way high so I called back, that's the first time I was told of how they charge for deer meat that they charge per quarter instead of incoming weight. Well I let her know that there wasn't as many quarters as I was charged for so she said she adjusted the price. When I picked up the meat today I was still overcharged by two quarters (I know what was there I cleaned and packed it out) she argued with me over the 30 extra dollars and charged me for the two quarters that were not there so I paid it and told her I would never be doing business with them again. This was not the first time I was not happy with their service. If I had missed how they charged for processing deer meat I would have paid and just never brought deer back in there, however when the price for processing deer is different than moose or caribou it should be added to their brochure, which it is not and if they are going to charge by the quarter then don't steal from people by charging them for more quarters than actually came in, and don't steal by adding in a different price structure than is advertised after the meat is dropped off without informing the customer until after the fact.
    I am the type of customer that if I am treated fair I will do everything to help that business out by spreading the word of good service but I am also the customer that will scream even louder when I am screwed over and I was screwed over stolen from and ripped off by__________ processor in Soldotna.

Feel free to share this or ask questions, I know I am not the only one that has been taken by this place because more than once I have stood up for them when others told me of how they were treated. Well I am no longer a fan hopefully word will spread before another person is ripped off and they can take their business elsewhere.

Living like kings

You think that is bad said processor in wassila charges 1.25 for incoming meat that would include trimming, cutting steaks and making hamburger, I had 100 pds of completely trimmed, cute up and cleaned meat ready to be made into sussage in a cooler it had even been drained, they charged me 125.00 incoming and then charged me for making the sussage, I truly felt I was take advantage of as all the folks I called afterwords said they would only charged me for making the sassage without the income charge as it was ready to process.

If I figure it out I was charged 2.27 per lb incoming weight. They advertise .89 per lb and nowhere do they mention a different charge for deer. The first I herd of it was when I was told the meat was ready to pick up. One deer was boned out the others were bone in. All I had done was steaks roasts and stew meat the rest as I didn't want any more burger.

Living like kings

Holy crap Tony. That's horrible. Sorry to hear you got railroaded. But just another reason most of us take our meat to Glenn's wild game in Muldoon her in Anchorage. .75c a lb no matter how you bring it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
    Holy crap Tony. That's horrible. Sorry to hear you got railroaded. But just another reason most of us take our meat to Glenn's wild game in Muldoon her in Anchorage. .75c a lb no matter how you bring it in.

Yep I'm definitely in the market for a new processor. Do you know if Glens will process bears. I have used Indian Valley but they won't do any more than hams or breakfast sausage. I use my black bears for all my pepper sticks, summer sausage etc...

Living like kings

Default Stay away from Soldotna processor...... And here's why... Pm me for name of b...

Yep. He does bears. He does them as they come in. Not hanging onto them until he gets several to do at once. Then everything gets totally cleaned up before moving on to other game
    And anything that gets smoked gets done at Indian valley. He doesn't have a permit to smoke in the city limits.

27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Echo Lake has new guy's and a new system on wild game. My boys over there now and they seam ok now a days.

The one in town,,,ya I have a bad experience every time I walk in the door.

How come you guys don't do your own? We bought a grinder this year cheap and processed about 30 pounds in a couple hours, made burger, breakfast sausage and pepperoni. I can't imagine paying to have it done after doing it ourselves.

Glens does awesome bear bacon burger

Tony I have a great processor that I've been using now for the last 3 years. Great job, fast and the best I've used anywhere. PM me if you'd like his contact info. It's not far from Soldotna.

Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    How come you guys don't do your own? We bought a grinder this year cheap and processed about 30 pounds in a couple hours, made burger, breakfast sausage and pepperoni. I can't imagine paying to have it done after doing it ourselves.
    You are completely right about doing it yourself, as that has always been what I have done until the last couple years, think of the nice grinder I could have purchased with the 342.00 I was charged to process one bull caribou. Oh well live and learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper50 View Post
    Tony I have a great processor that I've been using now for the last 3 years. Great job, fast and the best I've used anywhere. PM me if you'd like his contact info. It's not far from Soldotna.
    Pm sent

Living like kings

Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    I am a stay at home dad on my weeks off from work and I have a 2yr and 4yr old dictator at the house. Any extra time I get I would rather be hunting. I don't mind spending the money to get my meat processed but I don't like getting stolen from and ripped off either.

Living like kings

[QUOTE=limon32;1509836]How come you guys don't do your own? QUOTE]

I always used to process my own animals and still do. Even would grind up my own burger with a hand grinder I still have. But a guy just doesn't always have the time. For instance, when I was guiding I was given a lot of game meat. Sometimes my hunts were scheduled back to back.... meaning I would come back in, stay the night, and go right back out again the next day or so. And just like me, some guys have to go back up to the slope or platform the day after they come back from the hunt. Then again, sometimes a guy just likes to treat himself....... as long as the end product makes him happy.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Thanks fellas, I forget some people are much more proficient hunters than me! I was also fortunate my wife really got into the processing!

Sure hate seeing threads like this. Really unfortunate a local business would treat customers like that. I used to take my meat to a processor, and though I never had a bad experience, it just seemed expensive. Decided to invest in a good grinder and sausage stuffer. It's a a lot of work and takes time, but I just freeze everything until I have a free weekend to process.