Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joined the Family

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    I don't know how helpful this will be, it all depends on you being able to measure the tank.

Is the problem the fuel tank is only 120 gallons or is there a plumbing problem? The capacity of a fuel tank can be found by measuring (in inches) and multiply the length by the width by the depth and divide by 231.

Good luck.
    Measuring the tank will give you the amount of fuel the tank will hold, however, the amount a tank will hold and the amount that is useable are two different things. Depending on where the pick-up is on the tank means you may be able to use all but a couple gallons of the fuel or you could not have access to 10-15 gallons. I'm exaggerating to make my point. The truest way to know is to run the boat till the tank empties and motor(s) cut off. Fill it up and run your boat till the tank empties again and compared to how much you put in. This is your boat's useable amount. However, if you only have one tank then that's a tough experiment to do.

Quote Originally Posted by jrogers View Post
    Hey Patrick,

Do you live way up on the hillside? I think I have biked past your boat a bunch this summer, but I am not sure. On the winterizing, I use a 5 gallon water jug with a wide lid, and plumbed a hose fitting into it. I then stuff the other end of the hose (just rubber garden hose with no fitting on it) into my thru-hull intake. I put the jug on a ladder or the swimstep and put it on the side and it gravity fees so that I can suck it though the system with the pump. I do this with my toilet thru-hull as well. If you don't get it through the pump, it will crack the filter casting when it gets cold.
    I do. We see bikers come by quite regularly. Talk about a glutton for punishment. It wears me out just driving up those hills. Stop by sometime if you see us out.

Awesome man! Glad to see you find what you were looking for!

Let me know if I can be of any help as you figure her out.

Would love to come check it out!
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Awesome boat Patrick, congrats, I definitely have boat envy now! Enjoyed checking her out and I look forward to meeting up with you this summer, that is if you don't mind slumming with a Raider owner!

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    Awesome man! Glad to see you find what you were looking for!

Let me know if I can be of any help as you figure her out.

Would love to come check it out!
    Thanks DMan. You'd be welcome up anytime. Just let me know and we'll make it happen.

Sorry for the delayed response. I got busy and wasn't paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by GolfNut View Post
    Awesome boat Patrick, congrats, I definitely have boat envy now! Enjoyed checking her out and I look forward to meeting up with you this summer, that is if you don't mind slumming with a Raider owner!
    Slumming it? Yur doing better than I was for sure. Plus....yur good looks distract from my bald ole head! Yur welcome at my fire anytime.

congrats Patrick. that is a beautiful boat! I hope some day they will finish my fathers and mine, so I can take my father out before he cant do anything its only been 6.5 years since the singing of contract. wish you well in your adventures!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
    congrats Patrick. that is a beautiful boat! I hope some day they will finish my fathers and mine, so I can take my father out before he cant do anything its only been 6.5 years since the singing of contract. wish you well in your adventures!!
    Saw another GC finished up at Bay Welding in Homer. "Texas Hold'EM" was the name of the boat. Nice looking boat. I think this makes 3 GC's finished by BW within the last two years? And I think Eric with BW told me he had couple more. Not sure what your financial situation is but if you haven't looked into it might contact BW and see what they can do? Eric is a business man but he is also understanding of the plight that many GC owners find themselves in. Worth a phone call if you haven't looked into it already.

Quote Originally Posted by patrickL View Post
    So how do you guys winterize your washdown system? I dumped as much antifreeze down the outlet as possible but the inlet is on the bottom of the boat so I have no idea how to get it to suck up the antifreeze.
    Normally, I don't bother (heated storage) but we kept ours out late this year. My washdown pump is easily reached so I disconnect the inlet hose, run the pump, pull the strainer housing and disconnect the outlet hose. My pump is also higher than the hose connection on the back deck so everything runs out.

The big PIA for me is winterizing the interior plumbing. The dang hot water heater is up in the v-berth under a panel. I can drain it but there is no bypass (there will be one before this winter is done) like in a camper or motorhome.

After 5 years, we still love our GC. Maybe we'll see you on the water...

Quote Originally Posted by patrickL View Post
    So how do you guys winterize your washdown system? I dumped as much antifreeze down the outlet as possible but the inlet is on the bottom of the boat so I have no idea how to get it to suck up the antifreeze.
    If it can suck up seawater it can suck up antifreeze. If while on the trailer your salt water intake is accessible just place a hose over your intake and into the antifreeze, turn your pump on, and fire off your wash down till you see anti-freeze. Even though it's not a faucet you'd drink from I'd still use the RV Anti-freeze.

congrats on your boat purchase!!!

Congrats on the new boat! I've seen that one a bunch over in Seldovia and was always super clean. If the exterior says anything about the owners level of upkeep, I'd bet it was taken good care of! Sharp lookin boat.

Speaking of clean, saw Tunnel Vision this weekend looking aweful shiny 1S1K! Made me feel guilty having the LQ parked next to it so I had to put it back in the water! Ha! New ramp in Homer is way nicer to use!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jamesjq View Post
    Congrats on the new boat! I've seen that one a bunch over in Seldovia and was always super clean. If the exterior says anything about the owners level of upkeep, I'd bet it was taken good care of! Sharp lookin boat.

Speaking of clean, saw Tunnel Vision this weekend looking aweful shiny 1S1K! Made me feel guilty having the LQ parked next to it so I had to put it back in the water! Ha! New ramp in Homer is way nicer to use!

I do like the look of the all aluminum GC and BW design/finish. I've got it on Eric's list to give TV a "detail" outside cleaning/buffing/re-apply shark hide. Jealous that you're back in the water. Ramp looks great too. I won't make down to Homer till after new year, but plan on getting a couple trips to "practice" before March 19 .

Sorry for the hijack, back to new and waitlist GC owners.

Quote Originally Posted by 1S1K View Post
    Sorry for the hijack, back to new and waitlist GC owners.
    Don't worry, they've got time!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12