Thread: Where to get a Good Foot pump for my Rafts ??

Default Where to get a Good Foot pump for my Rafts ??

I bought 2 rafts for next seasons outings & they didn't come with a way to inflate them.

Anyone know where to get a Good foot pump I can keep in the boat on the rivers ?

Thanks
    RJ Simington
    PRO Taxidermy
    Custom Taxidermy, Experience the difference !!

Quote Originally Posted by protaxidermy View Post
    I bought 2 rafts for next seasons outings & they didn't come with a way to inflate them.

Anyone know where to get a Good foot pump I can keep in the boat on the rivers ?

Thanks
    RJ Simington
    PRO Taxidermy
    You're up in Fairbanks, so you might give Larry Bartlett a shout at Pristine Ventures. I don't know if he has pumps for sale or not, but he sells boats, so he probably has what you need. Don't know what boats you have, but you might consider a barrel pump instead of a foot pump. They're easier for some folks. I use a Wonder Pump and a Bravo II for my boats. Finally, if you're doing anything remote, you might consider picking up a spare pump. I've seen them blow out, and that only happens when you're using it! You don't want to be out there somewhere without a functional pump.

If you're floating roadside stuff and putting the boat together near your vehicle, you could also consider an electric pump. Lots of them out there, and depending on the boats, it could save you a lot of work. They're not generally strong enough to get you up to full pressure, but they will save you a ton of work.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

For remote hunts away from a car battery consider the 4 D-cell pumps used for inflating air mattresses and such. They will not win any speed contests but you can rig them to inflate a chamber while you are busy with other tasks. Then use a barrel pump to top off to 2.5 psi. The big barrel pumps are waaaay better then the cheap, little Wonder Pump. However, most barrel pumps do not have the ability to suction ar back out for tight rolling and transport the way the Wonder Pump does. The taller the pump the easier it is on your back.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdstrike View Post
    For remote hunts away from a car battery consider the 4 D-cell pumps used for inflating air mattresses and such. They will not win any speed contests but you can rig them to inflate a chamber while you are busy with other tasks. Then use a barrel pump to top off to 2.5 psi. The big barrel pumps are waaaay better then the cheap, little Wonder Pump. However, most barrel pumps do not have the ability to suction ar back out for tight rolling and transport the way the Wonder Pump does. The taller the pump the easier it is on your back.
    One issue I have with the larger barrel pumps is weight. The 4" Carlson barrel pump weighs over seven pounds (the 6" version, a shop-grade pump, comes in at over 12#), whereas the Wonder Pump weighs less than two pounds. That's a pretty big difference, when our air charters and transporters are weighing everything these days. We just don't have a lot of extra wiggle room. I have been using the same one for about 15 years now, and it has never failed. It's my go-to pump for remote fly-out hunts. I do tend to run my boats just under the maximum pressure, because I don't want to have to worry about over-expansion on warmer days when I'm up on the spotting hill somewhere all day. That said, there is a high-pressure version of the Wonder Pump that will give you plenty of pressure. It was designed primarily for inflatable SUPs (Stand-Up Paddleboards), which require much higher pressure.

Just my .02

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.

Thanks guys ,
    I will check tomorrow & see what is up here.

RJ Simington
    Custom Taxidermy, Experience the difference !!

RJ, give me a shout and I'll hook you up with a double action cylinder pump. 388-2477

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bartlett View Post
    RJ, give me a shout and I'll hook you up with a double action cylinder pump. 388-2477
    Love it when a plan comes together!

-Mike

I got a very nice and sturdy foot pump from Goo Vogt at Wild Water in Anchorage.
    Search for Alaska Wildwater, Anchorage Alaska