Thread: A few days of early doe season

Smile A few days of early doe season

My friend Don came up and I gave him my .44 SBH and I used my BFR in .500 JRH. I heard him shoot before 8AM and just after I shot a nice doe. Mine was walking so I held front shoulder but she stopped when the hammer fell. I hit her there busting bone. Bone exploded into a mess and the cast boolit turned to destroy the neck before exit.
    Don made a perfect heart shot with his very first time with a revolver. He was a rifle hunter. First doe.jpgDon's deer.jpg
    But look at damage from my revolver.

I can't get the picture.No HP.jpg OK, got it.

Plenty of firearm there for sure - see where it takes two (2) hands to hold the revolver for the picture. There in W.V. you can shoot a few more, so I'm sure you'll be stocked up for venison this winter - probably the neighbors too.

Didn't see your lanyard on the revolver, so you must not be falling asleep in your tree stand.

Good shooting and I wish you the best in getting a couple more.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Plenty of firearm there for sure - see where it takes two (2) hands to hold the revolver for the picture. There in W.V. you can shoot a few more, so I'm sure you'll be stocked up for venison this winter - probably the neighbors too.

Didn't see your lanyard on the revolver, so you must not be falling asleep in your tree stand.

Good shooting and I wish you the best in getting a couple more.
    Yes my sling is on my revolver. Don also has one. I made it from Nylon strap. I just didn't put the sling on for the picture.
    I saved the liver and gave half away. I made my half and ate the whole half in 2 days myself. Carol got mad after but when I made it she didn't want any so tough luck.
    You are all good people so I wish you all do good. You NEED to eat while I hunt for sport and good meat. Years ago I would be with you. But I would not survive any more.