Thread: Looking for someone to fish with

Default Looking for someone to fish with

I am an RN that has been living in Alaska for a few years now traveling around and my family and I have settled in Homer for good. That being said, I don't really know anyone around here yet that fishes and want to find a buddy to tag along with a learn from really. I have self taught myself to fly fish but am hesitant to go out by myself until I learn these areas better. Meeting people as an adult is alot harder because if I post an ad on Craigslist, I'm pretty sure that I would be attracting sides that want to do a little more than fish, lol. So, I figured I would throw this out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I thought I was reading my own post. I am an RN in Anchorage. I am decent at fly fishing, but just moved here. I am pretty much willing to fish anywhere for anything, but don't know where to go. PM me if you want to meet somewhere.

Have y'all looked at the Highway Angler book? Or one of the books available through this site's store like Fishing Alaska? Great information in them for techniques and locations.
    Some great fishermen on this site that will share tips if you send them a message.
    You might want to see about talking to people at fishing stores and see if they know of anyone in the area. FWIW I have hired guides to fish in areas I am not familiar with to learn areas and techniques. If you know someone at Providence- you could put an ad on the online bulletin board (their own classifieds).

Rory and Thumber, good on you guys for trying to get out fishing. Let me know if you guys have any questions. I'll try to help you guys out.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBEE View Post
    Have y'all looked at the Highway Angler book? Or one of the books available through this site's store like Fishing Alaska? Great information in them for techniques and locations.
    Some great fishermen on this site that will share tips if you send them a message.
    You might want to see about talking to people at fishing stores and see if they know of anyone in the area. FWIW I have hired guides to fish in areas I am not familiar with to learn areas and techniques. If you know someone at Providence- you could put an ad on the online bulletin board (their own classifieds).

This book is a great resource for figuring out where to fish, definitely worth a look!
    Nurse by night, Alaska adventurer by day!

Since you are in Homer, the Anchor River has always been a favorite place for me. Though I havent been there in 10 years or so, we used to fish for steelhead right under the bridge, and up and down as crowds dictate. Its a beautiful little river with some decent fishing. Even better, it's a short drive and road accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanDan View Post
    Since you are in Homer, the Anchor River has always been a favorite place for me. Though I havent been there in 10 years or so, we used to fish for steelhead right under the bridge, and up and down as crowds dictate. Its a beautiful little river with some decent fishing. Even better, it's a short drive and road accessible.
    You will have to wait for next year for the steelhead though as Anchor is now closed for the year.