Thread: Underwater King Strikes

Default Underwater King Strikes

Fished Friday and was hoping for some decent luck. I had installed a gopro mount to my down rigger ball and had not yet used it. That plus I wanted to see how my Ultralight would hold up to these kings. Filed the report in the kayak section: http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...video-Homer-AK

But here is just the underwater strike portion of the video that might be of interest to a wider group. I definitely need to make adjustments. But kept the gear shallow (10ft or less) to get as much light as possible and was rewarded with decent action.

https://youtu.be/d4vC0jPJ4qA

Nice! Are you using any filters on the go pro? I used a pink/rose colored snap on go pro brand filter when did this same thing, really brightened up the underwater picture, even down to 40ft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool. At some point I would like to have a set up where I can video.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesjq View Post
    Nice! Are you using any filters on the go pro? I used a pink/rose colored snap on go pro brand filter when did this same thing, really brightened up the underwater picture, even down to 40ft.

No filters. I did try to adjust with software. If I do much more of this, I will look into the pink tinted lenses. I tried again Sunday but got only 1 out of four fish. Elusive buggers.

Yah, but we saw you pulling your kayak up the beach on Saturday with 3 nice kings on your stringer! Always great to see you out on the water my friend!

Right on, I think I paid like $50 for mine, but the off brand ones are cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffhanger View Post
    Yah, but we saw you pulling your kayak up the beach on Saturday with 3 nice kings on your stringer! Always great to see you out on the water my friend!
    Only one on video I got underwater. Worked for them but did end up with a limit plus two proxy fish for my dad. How can anyone NOT be doing this?? These fish are so good eating! My parents go through dang near a fish per week and they typically eat it 90% of the time as sashimi.

I did post Sunday's video in the kayak section. Fish were feisty Sunday. First I have seen sandlances in the kings as well. None Friday but loads on Sunday.

Great to see ya on the water!!!

Charterboat Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Kardinal_84 View Post
    Fished Friday and was hoping for some decent luck. I had installed a gopro mount to my down rigger ball and had not yet used it. That plus I wanted to see how my Ultralight would hold up to these kings. Filed the report in the kayak section: http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...video-Homer-AK

But here is just the underwater strike portion of the video that might be of interest to a wider group. I definitely need to make adjustments. But kept the gear shallow (10ft or less) to get as much light as possible and was rewarded with decent action.

Man what a day! Nice work! calm seas and kings under your feet, and from what I can tell one heck of an average! Nice work 84, ps wrote you a big long pm letter regarding the shark fishery here and just as I was getting done it refreshed or something a didn't save... all try again, there are some close ones out there as we speak .. keep up the good action and footage .. cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Nemo View Post
    Man what a day! Nice work! calm seas and kings under your feet, and from what I can tell one heck of an average! Nice work 84, ps wrote you a big long pm letter regarding the shark fishery here and just as I was getting done it refreshed or something a didn't save... all try again, there are some close ones out there as we speak .. keep up the good action and footage .. cheers
    thanks! let's definitely start planning. I'd like to learn more and give it a shot!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk