Thread: What's the "fish story" in Seward?

Question What's the "fish story" in Seward?

Don't have a boat (unless you count the Argo or the canoe ), but was thinking of camping with the family in Seward this weekend (haven't made it down there yet this year). Any updates/info on the fishing activity?

I know that the silvers would still be way too far out to catch anywhere from shore...but thought someone in here might have an idea or two. Notice I asked for "ideas"...I know you all have plenty of "opinions"

Thanks All!

Default lots of reds to be had

i emailed ya
    Tyler

Default Reds?

Can you snag the reds from shore near the harbor like the silvers in late August? If not where do you find the reds?

Default resurection creek

go out nash road to mile marker 2 turn right, theres a guy charging 5$ per person kids under 12 free.
    then just work the incoming tide..
    you probably already know this,, but be sure to take a backpack bucket cooler,, stringer,, or just have some way to get your fish back..
    there was a few folks there that had no way to get em. back to vehicle..
    and they had a tough time of it..
    GOOD LUCK..
    Tyler

What is the guy charging $ for, is it private property?
    "The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent in fishing" Assyrian Tablet 2000 B.C.

Is there a bit of a hike from the parking area to the fishing grounds? Just curious, as my 3 year old daughter will be with me. Might try to hit this area this weekend. Thanks in advance.

i think just the parking area is private,, i cant imagine the creek being private.. i didn't take the time to see if there was another way in or not, but i would bet there is, if you were willing to walk a a little..
    heck both times i went the ol boy was asleep and it weren't no easy chore wakeing him,i think you could go through there with a dragster and that fella wouldn't even know it...

jmg
    yea its about a 10 min walk if you get there right as the tide is coming in, and you walk out to meet it,, and you have to cross the creek a few times,
    but i never found a spot that was more than knee deep, and it all had a firm bottom..
    if you wait until high tide it ain't much of a walk, but thats when folks start showing up, we would already have our limits--6 fish by then.. its a small crowd,, but it does start getting a little bunched up when the tide starts to reach the boundary marker.. be sure to get familiar with the markers, i seen F&G out there both days i was there..
    good luck all hope you have as much fun as i did..
    Tyler
    one more thing be sure to take a fish bonker i didnt the first day and wished i had,, it ain't no fun trying to get that big ol treble hook out of a wiggling fish.. its best to put em to sleep first.