Thread: Grayling

Default Grayling

I'm trying to go grayling fishing. Was wondering where some good areas for grayling fishing was right now and if their diets change during the fall or not. Thx

I heard some fatties were caught on beads in delta Clearwater last week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been using a royal coachman like fly, seems to work well in the upper lakes. Cast out and strip in. Gerberman

I could be wrong but the Grayling are coming out of the small streams an going to the larger ones for the winter as I know SID

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    I could be wrong but the Grayling are coming out of the small streams an going to the larger ones for the winter as I know SID
    They ought to be but I've been pretty surprised (okay, very surprised) by how far upstream I've caught some grayling recently. Latest I've caught them up there.
    Mushing Tech: squeezing the romance out of dog mushing one post at a time

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    You are correct, Sir. Though as long as specific rivers aren't frozen, and there is still food in places like clearwater and upper chena, they should be there for a bit longer. Maybe not in the summer numbers, but success should still be had. I catch tons of them on the Chena, as it runs right behind my house. If you try the Chena, grab a couple Klinkhammers to toss in your box, they float high, and are easy to see. This time of year however, sub-surface is going to produce much more fish.

Delta Clearwater should be a good bet on beads, as the silvers should still be in there spawning. If you are in the valley, I would try Talkeetna as the water is clearing up, also, anywhere clear water dumps into the Susitna should produce fish. Beads, small baitfish, or leach patterns would be my choice right now.

Dan